Discussion: Trump Bounces From Health Care To Puerto Rico Grievances In Meeting With Senate GOP

"Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told Politico that Trump told senators: “I’ve got [the Mueller probe] behind me now. It’s a fresh start. So let’s see what we can do: starting with healthcare.”

???

1 Like

…When I get to talking/I tend to ramble on/from subject to subject/near and yon…Ain’t good looking/But you know I ain’t shy/Not afraid to grab a girl/ By the by…

Lindsay Graham! He would choose his words carefully after going from a Trump hater to a mindless cheerleader. He also has enough source access clout to frame the quote especially with Politico. Or he referred to Trump’s exact wording in a long-winded way that made an editor reach for the blue pencil. It would be great to find out Trump’s exact wording. It always lays his thinking bare.

1 Like

$91 million on his fucking golf trips so far.

1 Like

I’m looking for the 6’3" President, and I don’t see him.

2 Likes

Did he mention that they didn’t thank him for the paper towels?

2 Likes

Haha you might think so. But no, not consciously, or unconsciously, so I guess that’s a no all around. I was mostly saying he’s stupid, actually. And when it comes to the possibility of self-sacrifice and altruism, Trump, well, he’d shock the conscience of a tapeworm, so no, not really addressing that either.

Now let’s ask @george_spiggott if he meant to rewrite the chorus to “Eleanor Rigby.”

1 Like

But that’s OK.

He and his father were confirmed bigot racist landlords. So, his view on Puerto Rico is probably rooted in his racism and his mid-80’s redefinition of himself into a high end real estate developer instead of basically the competitor of Sam LeFrak and whoever built Starett City.

After this, and even before this, I cannot understand how a single Puerto Rican person can support or sympathize with or vote for Trump should they live on the Mainland. There are plenty of right wingers on the Island that do, and the current Puerto Rico Resident Commissioner (our single non voting representative in Congress) would appear to be a Trump loyalist.

5 Likes

YES! In one of those ‘Ducking Stools’ used on suspected “witches”! Except in tRump’s case, dunk and just leave him in!

1 Like

Ray Davies was always right about everything.

1 Like

Those of us who at least try to be reasonable and to adjust our positions to take new facts into account tend to presume that everyone else operates the same way. Sadly, for a large block of people the exact opposite is the case. Indeed, that block seems to be about 40% of the voting population. Most of them are Republicans or Republican voting Independents. The idea that we can ever persuade a sizable number of these voters is a fantasy. It sounds good on the campaign trail to say that we will find a way to work with them, but it is just so much rhetoric. We either render them irrelevant as a political force, or we get nothing good done. We should, of course, consider the tangible impact of policies on these voters (and on those who cannot vote, for whatever reason), but we cannot give them veto power over decisions.

3 Likes

ha - my post from Sunday:

and then it [report] shows up on WikiLeaks, and Donne Moscow comes unglued but MSNBC starts a spin off channel that plays nothing but a loop of all the times he said he loved WikiLeaks in the 2016 election.

1 Like

Whether of not Mueller’s report vindicates Donald, his belief that it does will probably him into doing all kinds of stupid shit that will ultimately bring him down. Just hope it doesn’t fuck too many folks over before he’s take out though.

Can’t forget nepotism and demagoguery.

1 Like

@dickweed, he is already trying to destroy health care for 20 million people and in the process that move may also destabilize Medicare and Medicaid and do serious damage to Social Security. All because he hates Obama and needs to soothe hurted fee fees.
I wish i was just bullshitting but the 5th circuit court has invalidated the ACA mandate and the admin is asking they kill the whole law. And there is no back up plan that trump folk have spent 5 minutes thinking about.

…Per the reports, Trump bounced between different topics during the meeting…

So everything is back to “normal”.

It it were Obama, or any Democratic president, can you even imagine the conspiracy spinning that would be going on right now? Overcoat-gate would just be getting started. Obviously, it would be to cover the scales, since we’re ruled by a race of shape-shifting lizard people. But I’d cringe to see where it went from there…

1 Like

I fantasize about the DNC producing ten or twenty one minute ads, each with no narration. Call the campaign “Trump’s Greatest Hits”. Each one starts with a two and a half second text graphic “Donald Trump on ____”. Here, insert healthcare, infrastructure, Puerto Rico, extremists, Russia, how he won’t go golfing because he’ll be too busy winning, third world countries, women, Mexico, immigrants, coal jobs coming back, his love for Kim Jong Un, how easy it will be to get mideast peace, manufacturing jobs, how he prevented airplane accidents, things he alone can do, things he alone knows, things he know more about than anyone else, how his guts are smarter than any expert, how he’ll take the blame for the shutdown/it’s all the Democrat’s fault, etc. Then about 55 seconds of video clips of things he has said and done. Trump talking, Trump style. No complete sentences. Maybe a few select tweets, but those take people reading and take time to show in a video. (Maybe the tweets alone could be the foundation of a similar print/still media campaign?) Just the usual Trump id vomitus. Any of these subjects and so many more could easily be accompanied by hours of video–he’s very repetitive and loves nothing more than to go on teevee and blabber–that make Trump look like a liar, a fool, or both. Then a closing graphic “This Message Paid For by the Democratic National Committee”. Saturate the visual media with them. Have so many that people rarely see the same one twice. And then let all the Democratic candidates concentrate on pro Democratic, pro their campaign messages.

1 Like

tag line: promises made, promises broken

or better yet:

Trump - he’s full of shit

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available