Discussion: Trump Bounces From Health Care To Puerto Rico Grievances In Meeting With Senate GOP

“I want nothing to do with this.”

Sorry dude, you’re balls deep and we’re going to make you all pay dearly for it eventually.

49 Likes

“Trump remarked that one could buy Puerto Rico four times over for $91 billion"

When the hurricane struck, Dumpft didn’t even know where Puerto Rico was.

The Post, citing the numbers Trump reportedly listed for aid to Puerto Rico, South Carolina and Texas, reported that it was “unclear where Trump got the figure for Puerto Rico aid.”

His flabby ass?

20 Likes

My…look at all the happy campers!

14 Likes

President Donald Trump felt “vindicated” and appeared to have a “new lease on life” following the completion of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigative work, said Republican senators who met with Trump privately Tuesday

And here I thought it wasn’t even a question in the President’s mind. Good to know Mueller didn’t find the evidence the President knows is out there.

6 Likes

It’s the Roy Cohn method. Kick them in the teeth until they don’t have any. Hmmm, kind of describes Trump’s trailer trash constituency.

8 Likes

He’s going to sally forth, riding this new burst of enthusiasm, with the most poisonous, electorally disastrous effort he could possibly choose because guess what GOP senators, Donald Trump is his name and doubling down on stupid is his game.

39 Likes

Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie was scheduled to speak with senators about veterans care legislation at the lunch but he was knocked off the agenda due to Trump’s impromptu visit, according to a GOP official.

Of course. The Draft Dodger in Chief has priorities.

I heard elsewhere (MSNBC) that he does not want any more aid to PR other than food stamps.
I mean, they are US citizens, but hey, they can’t vote for President.
(I sure hope the FL and NY PR vote gets this message)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-administration-has-turned-bigotry-into-policy-in-puerto-rico/2019/03/26/f1baae3c-4ffb-11e9-88a1-ed346f0ec94f_story.html?utm_term=.179c1576775b

15 Likes

31 Likes

I still don’t understand why GOP didn’t use Mueller to dump trump? They hate his foreign policy, his tariffs, his unpredictably - I thought they’d want Pence in WH now to get in gear for 2020 & pick Haley as VP.

8 Likes

You GOP motherfuckers, ratfuckers, and Trump-suckers are going down the tubes with him, and you deserve it.

Oh, and? That stock photo from today makes him look like a walking dementia case. Enjoy yourself, Mitch.

7 Likes

Maybe he found the figure "on an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water?”

8 Likes

“President Donald Trump felt “vindicated” and appeared to have a “new
lease on life” following the completion of special counsel Robert
Mueller’s investigative work, said Republican senators who met with
Trump privately Tuesday, according to reports from Politico, The Washington Post and others.”
…
A very good friend of mine who works for the Arizona Daily Star newspaper does opinion page cartoons. I would like to share one of David Fitzsimmon’s masterpieces:

edit:

Of course this is just a cartoon. But knowing trump’s penchant for the weird and sideways stumble into oddness the cartoon is not all that far from a possible reality.

27 Likes

I’ll go 20:1 with anyone here that the unnamed senator is Thom Tillis

2 Likes

Mr. President, is that an offer to buy Puerto Rico? After all, you could put a nice tall tower on it. Or have you, perhaps, used an inflated claim to support your bad acts?

5 Likes

Pence couldn’t win an election in his own house.

9 Likes

“The president talks until he is through talking,” Kennedy told the Post.

Longer Kennedy: “The rubes in my state love this S.O.B., so he can call for bombing Puerto Rico and I will still just stand here and smile pleasantly while uttering sentences that are perfectly intelligible and convey absolutely nothing.”

12 Likes

Trump must still be bitter over Natalie Wood and Rita Moreno starring in West Side Story. He probably still thinks there are Sharks and Jets battling for turf in Hells Kitchen and why ICE is not available to round them up.

8 Likes

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told Politico that Trump told senators: “I’ve
got [the Mueller probe] behind me now. It’s a fresh start. So let’s see
what we can do: starting with healthcare.”
…
Oh do lead on dear leader…lead on. Right into your political grave. The democrats will eat you for lunch on health care. Especially if Obamacare is killed and millions of your base lose their coverage. We kne y’all in the White House have not spent 5 minutes thinking about what comes after “repeal”. Something like 70 million folks losing their health coverage would spell electoral disaster for you folks so bring it on. Remember trump saying “Who knew health care was so complicated?” Well for myself who spent 42 years teaching in a medical school… I knew it was complicated.

18 Likes
2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available