Discussion: Trump: 'Bad Photos (Implying Anger)' At G7 By 'Fake News Media' Are 'WRONG!'

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the rest of the G-7 back him up on this…oh wait…

56 Likes

Watch what he does
Not what he says
If I recall his actions were Fuck You G-7

55 Likes

You caught him!

(On the other hand, I’m pretty sure he could not care less if they back him up or not. His tweets are aimed at his base, which does not hang on the G7’s every word.)

20 Likes

Implying anger?

How about implying petulance, implying idiocy, implying immaturity, implying narcissism. How about implying a short fingered, Cheeto colored, hamster haired, ego addicted, Russian-compromised, bigoted man / toddler.

46 Likes

Just like the bad photos implying not-biggest-ever inaugural crowds. Calls not to believe your own lying eyes have been a theme with this administration right from the start.

59 Likes

How frickin’ pathetic!

5 Likes

Implying?

How about demonstrating?

16 Likes

Merkel found Trump’s “withdrawal via Twitter” from the joint G-7 communiqué to be “of course sobering and a little depressing."

It’s true that I found Trump’s election depressing.

But it’s an outright lie that I’ve been sober at any point since.

60 Likes

“Also, the lying media now claims I criticized Justin Trudeau by calling him “dishonest” and “weak”. Fake news!!!”

21 Likes

Photos like this have emblematic value, like elder Bush on his knees (as I vaguely recall) throwing up at the dinner with government officials in Japan, rather than providing factual coverage. Without being there, it’s hard to know what the moment was about. In fact, the person apparently speaking at the moment, Macron of France, is almost entirely hidden from the camera’s view.

10 Likes

That pix must have really stuck in his gizzard. Do any of his followers look at sites what would carry this pix?

21 Likes

The advent of digital photography has come with some cost. In addition to losing the character and idiosyncrasies of film pictures, it also allows photographers to snap thousands of pictures where they previously wouldn’t have. The result can be to capture microseconds between grimaces which look like smiles.

17 Likes

His attempt to spin the news shows that people’s negative reaction to his conduct at the G-7 has actually managed to penetrate his bubble (no small feat)… but since he never makes mistakes, it’s naturally the reporting that’s flawed.

42 Likes

He made an ass of himself at the G7. The photos only confirm that reality.

Edit, I first said he made an ass of America. I think America’s OK. Everybody in the world realizes we are suffering from the mistake we made.

27 Likes

That’s a good point, and if the situation were ambiguous it would be worth pointing out that any image can be misleading. But if a thing goes viral it’s because it resonates and seems to express a truth, and there’s no doubt Trump is shaking down the traditional postwar western alliance structure. It’s literally him against the world, and us along with him. He can show other images with various expressions on people’s faces, because expressions change with every moment, but the underlying situation remains the same.

37 Likes

I believe him. I mean, he was asking for things that no other American President would ask for and refused to give in. What could they possibly have to be angry about? Looks like a bunch of friends going in for a group hug to me.

13 Likes

No matter what was going on or being said at the time, his body language in the photo is extremely defensive.

26 Likes

Why, it isn’t even me! Just look at that ridiculous hair and fake tan! I would never go out in public looking like that. It is obviously fake.

15 Likes

flawed and not nearly groveling enough… he wants to be idolized, not revealed for what he is and isn’t

8 Likes