Discussion: Trump Asks In Poland Speech 'Whether The West Has The Will To Survive'

2 Likes

Ok. So they let Steve Bannon write the speech, nice.

28 Likes

Bannon, cribbing from “Eye of the Tiger” lyrics. So… patriotic.

12 Likes

Do we have the desire and the courage to preserve our civilization in the face of those who would subvert and destroy it?

Too fking much irony first thing in the AM.

25 Likes

This meeting with Putin is going to freak everyone out. I’m hoping Mueller slams the living fuck out of him upon his return. Or sooner…or now.

13 Likes

Merkle and the rest of the G20 know that Trump’s promises are worthless. His history is known around the globe and it is not favorable.

5 Likes

in the face of those who would subvert and destroy it?”

“Present company excepted,” he went on to chortle…

5 Likes

Nationalist jackoff material.

10 Likes

Bannon was going to put in Steve King’s “we can’t rebuild our civilization with someone else’s babies” line into Trump’s speech … but he got distracted by an adult video and forgot to save it :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

The ascendency of the Republicans to power in spite of the fact that they do not have a mandate in the form of majority of citizen votes for the Presidency, the House, or the Senate shows that our electoral system is neither a democracy or a representative republic.

Our Constitution is fatally flawed.

I don’t think we have the system for survival.

8 Likes

“And how about that Leni Riefenstahl? I understand she’s been doing great work.”

Also

Trump bragged about recent stock market gains as he addressed a summit with the leaders of the Three Seas Initiative in Warsaw, Poland.

But he says: “Personally I’ve picked up nothing.”
He adds: “that’s all right. Everyone else is getting very rich. That’s ok, I’m very happy.”

http://time.com/4846719/donald-trump-us-economy-rich-poland/

The Trump EuroShitShow 2017 Continues at pace.

18 Likes

Finally, on both sides of the Atlantic, our citizens are confronted by yet another danger, one firmly within our control. This danger is invisible to some but familiar to the Poles: the steady creep of government bureaucracy that drains the vitality and wealth of the people.

The West became great, not because of paperwork and regulations, but because people were allowed to chase their dreams and pursue their destinies.

Americans, Poles and nations of Europe value freedom and sovereignty. We must work together to confront forces, whether they come inside or out, from the south or the east, that threaten over time to undermine these values and to erase the bonds of culture, faith and tradition that make us who we are.

If left unchecked, these forces will undermine our courage, sap our spirit and weaken our will to defend ourselves and our societies

But just as our adversaries and enemies of the past learned here in Poland, we know that these forces, too, are doomed to fail if we want them to fail. And we do indeed want them to fail.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/06/trump-in-poland-transcript-warsaw-remarks.html

Um, so Trump is saying government bureaucracies are doomed. Doomed to fail. And those bureaucracies are invisible dangers that must be vanquished?
10 Likes

“Do we have the confidence in our values to defend them at any cost?

Even at the cost of our values?

9 Likes

This is some fascist shit going down here. The E.U. leadership must be aghast.

29 Likes

Maybe we could abandon our values in a sort of “baby steps” fashion. Maybe shoot unarmed black people in the back as they flee us during a confrontation over failing to signal a traffic turn. Move on to bigger things after we get away with that a few times.

Sounds like a plan. Gotta preserve our values and traditions.

12 Likes

The Founders never imagined honor and character would be supplanted by the base degeneracy of modern business and political discourse.
It’s Trump Season and any savvy Euro leader would want those antlers dressed and mounted…

7 Likes

Wow…way to go Trump…bash your OWN country with your nationalistic BS. ‘Do we have the WILL to survive’ if we don’t buy your crap??? Or in spite of it?

11 Likes

The REAL question is whether the West, and this country in particular, has the will to survive Trump.

11 Likes

One thing is patently, transparently clear: Drumpfie didn’t write these words.

He also may not understand them. His handlers told him it would make everyone love him and so he trotted out to do their bidding.

It’s sickening.

11 Likes

How would he know how much money he is making? Isn’t that supposed to be in a blind trust ?( i say knowing that its a complete fraud).

9 Likes