Discussion: Trump Appeals First Loss In Congressional Oversight Case

Aside from Trump’s dubious lawsuit against the accounting firm and all appeals, would it not be better for Mazar to simply comply with the subpoena? No matter how it all turns out, it would seem that they will either lose Trump as a client or voluntarily resign from serving him because of all the trouble. Do they really have to wait for the Trump lawsuit to reach the Supreme Court (or not)?

3 Likes

I do agree about youngsters not voting in general. I wasn’t very active at 18, 19, 20, etc. But the millennials have a reputation for being active and progressive, which i have yet to see beyond Twitter.

1 Like

That is a very fair point. At least us Gen Xers were advertised as being slackers from the get go.

But you know that some people are just smarter because of the internets. They know more than the Dr. concerning vaccinations, they know more than Congress people because… And the list goes on. I’m all for asking questions and learning, but when you start arguing with a lawyer as a non-lawyer, me thinks they think entirely too much of themselves.

3 Likes

Probably more frustrating to talk to non-lawyer wingers…who think they know it all!

They could be sued for damages if they did give up the information.

IANAL so I may need something explained to me. I thought that Mehta’s ruling was that this already IS precedent, which he is citing and following. The only “new law” was the fantasy crap presented by Trump’s lawyers which Mehta mercilessly shot down with existing precedent.

Mehta relied on precedent when it came to the “legislative purpose” aspect of his opinion.

But as far as I know, this is the first federal court opinion that suggest that the mere possibility of impeachment is sufficient to compel document production.

Nope that great brewery in Oregon…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available