Discussion: Trump Announces Retired General H.R. McMaster As New NatSec Adviser

Here’s a potential problem McMaster is a 3 star general…in his new assignment he could be issuing orders, directives to officers who out rank him…

1 Like

Exactly. No one else is willing to do the job, and most of the time it takes a systematic hierarchy of obedience to get it done at all.

1 Like

No. The National Security Adviser is a Special Assistant to the President. The NSA has no statutory authority and is not in any operational chain of command.

You need to read up on what the National Security Adviser’s function is:

1 Like

Given how concerned the party of ‘fiscal responsibility’ was regarding the Obama’s travel expenditures I’m sure there will be congressional investigations announced shortly.

Any time now…

Really soon…

Scheduled for right after the Republicans who denounced Michelle Obama for wearing a sleeveless dress address Malaria’s nude photos.

2 Likes

Are not the Chiefs of Staff represented at the Principles meetings or did bannon banish them to the Pentagon?
btw…thanks for the link. I am always ready for more background information.
edit
From the link above by @the_loan_arranger

" Ideally, the APNSA serves as an honest broker of policy options for the
President in the field of national security, rather than as an advocate
for his or her own policy agenda.[5] "

(snicker) I hope he can be an honest advisor and not an ego stroker.

Indeed, was just about to give you the understatement of the year award :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mantan, Trumpie chose this general based on his dominant-sounding family name. Can’t wait to find out who his “McSlave” will be :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Milo’s looking for employment, what with Simon & Schuster cancelling the book deal…

2 Likes

@daveyjones64, don’ worry about McMaster being a tank guy, not a spook. Donnie will teach McMaster all he needs to know (Infowars, Little Green Footballs, Stormfront) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why pretend we need a civilian as Preshitident at this point? Preshitident Trump could simply wear His uniform from military middle school on weekdays. Steve Bannon should order something from the Kim Jong-Un Store.

On Fridays and weekends, while at Mar-a-Lago, and for televised speeches from the Oval Office, Preshitident Trump should wear the uniform He wore while fighting courageously in His “personal Vietnam” by sleeping around and constantly battling dangerous and ruthless sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, syphillis, warts and herpes.

General McMaster is on active duty and had been ask (ordered?) by his commander in chief to be head of NSC. Does he have a viable option to refuse. (I have never been in the military so I truly don’t know).

Comprehension and retention both appear to be big problems - I am keeping my money on early dementia

You know, that’s the most likely explanation for Trump choosing him that I’ve heard. And that’s not snark (sadly).

1 Like

I admit to breathing slightly easier today with McMaster’s nomination for NSA. But I don’t see how he doesn’t end up like T-Rex, a figurehead who gets sidetracked by an unqualified, self-interested nutter. Except this time the nutter is Bannon. At the end of the day, I think Flynn left because he was incompetent. They’re looking for a competent person to execute and make crazy a fait accompli. Hitler had a lot of smart generals who did the work making evil a reality on the ground. Look at what Kelly is doing at DHS. He is imposing a climate of fear with a scalpel, and is effectively changing the mindset of millions of undocumented folks. They now expect to be deported and are mentally preparing for it. That to me is scarier than having an imbecile like Flynn who can’t do jack.

I agree with you. A Professional Soldier who while he may personally dislike his CIC feels that it is his duty to answer the Presidents request. That same sense of duty may will require him to resign the first time President Trump Bannon orders him to do something illegal or unconstitutional.

4 Likes

I think that the McMaster appointment was largely manipulated by the IC to put some in place who is current and has his own staff to get him information and really run the agency.

They got Flynn and Harward turn it down because he’s retired and no longer commands the infrastructure and McMaster took the job because it’s too important to leave to trump and his minions and associates/puppetmasters.

And while it smacks of a low-level partial military coup it’s hard to say that it isn’t a good thing as long as they give it up when HO is no longer calling the shots.

3 Likes

How neat. A new app that helps you avoid any Trump affiliated business or business selling Trump branded merchandise

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ThurberTeam/status/833789784497778688

H/t. @theghostofeustacetilley

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available