Discussion: Trump Announced Tom Homan As The New 'Border Czar.' Homan Says No Thanks

Hitler’s folks knew how to build nice cars.

15 Likes

Off topic but disgusting:

49 Likes

Very true.

I could not find it immediately on Google or Google images. But in the 60’s and perhaps even the early 70s, there was a poster (remember political posters?, West 8th Street was the mecca of poster stores, along with independent bookstores) or perhaps maybe a book cover about the Surveillance State, where a black & white picture of J. Edgar Hoover had a Thumb Print superimposed into the exact shape of his face, chin and neck. This guy looks even more like the Thumb Print than Hoover.

8 Likes

Since Trump announced it on Fox, I guess he’ll have to go on Twitter to denounce the fake news CNN and failing New York Times for saying he said what he didn’t say about hiring the guy he’s totally not hiring but always says such nice things about him and even once cried “Sir, you have made the border safer than it’s ever been but we need a wall.”

7 Likes

A cult with telephones the owners of which can be summoned into damage control. But I do not believe that Trump’s video gives this mook wiggle-room.

2 Likes

Totally OT. Southpaw thinks baseball violence resembles Renaissance painting. I agree. This photograph is astonishing and I don’t fancy sports photography (Landscape, Nature and Architectural, here).

9 Likes

And disgusting, but totally predictable.

The IC recognizes POTUS* as a national security threat, no big whoop.

16 Likes

“Give me the power to shoot all immigrants on sight and I’ll take the job.”

3 Likes

Yes, but it shows how quickly the degeneracy can spread from the top.

3 Likes

And great tanks too!

3 Likes

Sounds like Horman wants to be Trump’s version of Heinrich Himmler.

2 Likes

Calling Dr. Porsche!

3 Likes

Even this thug doesn’t want to be part of the Trump shit show.

Would he take it if he was given full power to do anything he wants? Likely not as Fat Donny reserves that right for himself.

We should be relieved he refused.

3 Likes

Yes and whoever takes this position is just setting themselves up to be Trump’s #1 whipping boy for the 2020 campaign.
And there’s what @decay500 pointed out.

2 Likes

" I certainly don’t want to come back and fail this President.”

"It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.

George Washington (1732 - 1799),"
5 Likes

So, he must of talked to somebody, right? I wonder who he did actually offer it to? Interesting to see who shows up for work on Monday with a swastka armband and box of photos for the desk.

15 Likes

Probably none, but in other administrations there was some semblance of normalcy, while what we’re dealing with is abnormal being at the top who knows nothing, not willing learn, and will never ever admit that he’s a lazy ass punk with retro ideas and values. An abnormal person who hires someone because he’s seen him on the TV machine. I’m waiting for Trump to put out the call for Inspector Harold Francis Callahan, or Paul Kersey.

5 Likes

“Well look, I respect this President greatly,…"

“Yes, he lied about me agreeing to be the ill-conceived ‘Border Czar’, and I respect him for that!”

5 Likes

Trump has got us there…and we are horrible strategists to not have thought of an effective counter to that.

I believe that is because all of our institutions are slow to change…the institutions and the top people in them.

And they ALL have been GOB-SMACKED by Donald Trump. That’s the reality, not the talking point…

In the meantime the institutions and the top people do the same thing but for a different reality.

The term for it is “ritualism”

7 Likes

Hey, the V-2 was pretty cool, too. Probably explains why Donnie wants a new Space Force!

1 Like