Discussion: Trump And Kelly Clash Over Nielsen As Border Separations Ratchet Up Tension

2 Likes

“Though the two men have long been at loggerheads over Nielsen—Kelly reportedly considers her a “surrogate daughter” while Trump enjoys flagellating her at Cabinet meetings”

The writer is either a little obtuse, or has a wicked sense of humor.

38 Likes

Kelly has reportedly been spending chunks of his days at the gym in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building…

sounds like dereliction of duty to me.

28 Likes

Don’t these people have any self respect whatsoever? Nielsen should just resign. It’s not like she will end up out on the street or never get a job again. Really, what’s with these people?

43 Likes

to the pain of taking responsibility for an impetuous and bombastic president.

I was going to suggest adding the word “sadistic” to the descriptors of the president, except the whole sentence is describing Kelly’s “pain” in his job - and he, sadly, seems to share some of the sadism with the president.

14 Likes

We hope
Apart from Faux News and Wingnut Welfare I would say this stance and the pervasive Trump Stank will severely limit future employment.
Taking a bullet for Trump gets you dead
SEE: Spicer, Sean

21 Likes

Yes, a rather, ummm, interesting formulation.

3 Likes

Hey, Trump can date Nielsen! She’s not his “surrogate daughter.”

8 Likes

I don’t give a FUCK about their “relationship”. I want Kelly to remember the god-damned COMJ and I want Trump indicted, convicted, and jailed.

32 Likes

And in other news the United Methodist Church, of which Jeffery Beauregard Sessions is a member, has brought charges against him.

"More than 600 United Methodist clergy and laity say they are bringing church law charges against U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a fellow United Methodist, over a zero tolerance U.S. immigration policy — a policy that includes separating children from parents apprehended for crossing into the U.S. illegally.

[snip]

The group claimed in a June 18 statement that Sessions, a member of a Mobile, Alabama, church, violated Paragraph 2702.3 of the denomination’s Book of Discipline.

Specifically, the group accuses him of child abuse in reference to separating young children from their parents and holding them in mass incarceration facilities; immorality; racial discrimination and “dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrines” of The United Methodist Church." http://www.umc.org/news-and-media/church-charges-brought-against-sessions

I doubt it goes anywhere, but still . . .

71 Likes

I agree. I am not paying this fucker with my taxes to go to the gym.

21 Likes

I’m trying to get that image out of my head. Thanks.

THE QUALITY OF MERCY IS NOT FEIGNED

George Orwell and Portia (from A Midsummer Night’s Dream) chatting over coffee this morning:

To frighten us and retain power, the brutal authoritarians in the Trump administration (Trump, Miller, Sessions, Nielsen, Kelly, Pence, …) use simple, mendacious and malevolent words as slogans to erase the human face of complex reality. They know no other way to act.

We outnumber them. We must stop them now.

But we are also decent people who instinctively want to help the wayward rehabilitate. We should make sure each of them personally experience what he or she intended for the rest of us. This is the best way to learn.

There is nothing like a few years of ridicule (ego-cleansing), arrest (desirable limit-setting), incarceration (a time to reflect and change one’s ways) and deportation (a close-up opportunity on a budget to see how others live) to help you see the light and renounce the error of your ways.

Kelly can’t exonerate himself by quitting now. The architect is responsible for his building when it falls

9 Likes

I can’t think of three nicer people I would love to see involved in a murder/suicide pact. I wonder if Hallmark makes an appropriate card to celebrate such an occasion?

9 Likes

You should watch video clips from shortly after Kirstjen Nielsen was confirmed. I saw a clip where Trump was trying to grab her. My sense is that Preshitident Skanky-Manslut turned on Kristjen after she turned him away. That’s exactly why he is flagellating her in meetings.

31 Likes

I also am so sick of taking these peoples’ ‘issues’ (relationships, mental health) into account.

10 Likes

I am Catholic; during the Civil Rights era Catholic bigots from Louisiana were excommunicated. I don’t know what the procedure in the Protestant churches like Methodism is. But yippee for these people.

I also think Kelly and Nielsen should be excommunicated (they are Catholic),

18 Likes

While this is a feel good article, it reads more like a piece out of some tabloid than TPM. Keep up your standards, TPM!

3 Likes

Sessions: “I just joined for the potluck suppers!”

13 Likes

ooooh. that’s interesting. wouldn’t surprise me. got a link?