Discussion: Trump Allies Create PAC To Try To Court The Amish Vote

This is an “Onion” article – right?

33 Likes

If there is anyone who could fit seamlessly into the Amish community it’s Drumpf and The Newt.

You can’t even call this type of stuff absurd anymore.

22 Likes

Lots of Amish in my home area of the North Country of NYS who arrived from Ohio in the seventies. If they are representative of the Amish communities that Trump is seeking out, I cannot imagine any of them talking to those a$$#0!es, and even if they did, they would not like what they have to say.

15 Likes

Uh-- TPM it’s Memorial day, not April Fools–right?

10 Likes

Well Drumpf and the Amish both want to return to life in the 19th century.

9 Likes

Drumpf just ordered a new limo for his tour of Amish Country

34 Likes

The Amish are the ones who built the grain-storing pyramids, right?

13 Likes

Good ole Ben Carson. He’s the gift that keeps on giving.

7 Likes

The Pew Research Center estimates that there are 440,000 Hispanics in Pennsylvania who are eligible to vote.

12 Likes

At first I thought this was a joke. Then I discovered it’s from Ben Carson. So, in reality it’s a nonsensical thought from a joke.

10 Likes

I would think of the Amish as having a more Libertarian bend since they opposed a DOT requirement that they have a reflective triangle on the back of their buggies.

1 Like

Based on what little I know about the Amish, I would expect a flashy, loud-mouth, gold-plated billionaire who worships money and preaches hatred and intolerance toward minorities would be a turnoff for many.

But, again, I know that I don’t know that much about the Amish, and that I know even less about their political leanings.

Anybody have some insights on this? To what extent do the Amish turn out to vote, and do they tend to favor Republicans or Democrats? How did Bill Clinton and Barack Obama do in Amish country? Is gender a big issue – in other words, how open are they to the idea of a female president?

2 Likes

the logic behind their appeal to a relatively small population of voters was that the 2016 election could be as close as the 2000 race between Al Gore and George W. Bush.

Supreme court is out of service, so y’all can scratch that notion.

15 Likes

Interesting. So do they believe in a right to assisted suicide in general, or only assisted-suicide-by-motor-vehicle?

1 Like

The Amish are taught humility and modesty. Don the Con is the last person they would EVER give a second thought.

12 Likes

At least they don’t have to worry about multiple campaign phone calls interrupting their dinner.

21 Likes

Billboards don’t brag …

1 Like

Amish Hispanics?

3 Likes

The English are coming.

4 Likes