I think trump was initially excited about kav’s hearing performance - considered it tough and punching back. However, after gauging reaction, he has come to understand it as an out-of-control rant made in desperation, and that’s not strong - that’s weak. trump hates weak.
That’s my concern too.
I totally agree with you on this, but I feel like the last thing Kavanaugh needs is more time on the clock, the more scratching anyone does in his past is going to pull out more skeletons than ever, which is probably why McConnell didn’t want him nominated in the first place. Plus it isn’t like Trump has made any friends in law enforcement lately, calling them names and trashing their reputations, so this might be a time for some karma coming around. At least I’m hoping so anyway.
I am truly shocked and gobsmacked…
It takes two seconds of listening to him to understand that he was a frat boy jock alcoholic asshole who became a mean-spirited authoritarian alcoholic asshole.
Hooo boy!! that is good news and worthy of another shot 'o bourbon.
The “limited in scope” boundaries are interesting. I’d like to see the negotiations on that.
For example, can this include a polygraph for Kavanaugh, or is that off-limits? When asked if he’d submit to one, he dissembled. Classic tell.
Actually, I’d be more interested in all communications beginning the Sunday morning that Ford’s name came out.
Moving from pop corn to macadamia nuts and pecans with bourbon on the side.
Let’s hope they scrutinize the total disconnect regarding his UNDER-AGE DRINKING… and his incorrect claim that it was all legal.
I’m “Pineapple Express” happy.
Gotta say, told you so.
They keep shooting themselves in their Italian footware. They are so full of hate and fear they can’t think.
They have painted themselves into a corner. They are going to lose half of their base over this. If Kav isn’t confirmed, they lose the evangelicals. If he is, they lose the independents and what’s left of the moderates.
So, they huff and they puff, they threaten and bully, and they draw their lines in the sand.
…and they display their impotence by having to back down and redraw their lines.
Their facade is crumbling around them and they are still trying to whitewash it.
But they have lived their whole, white privileged life stacking the deck against “others” and have been richly rewarded for it.
I said earlier that their downfall would be their hubris.
What I saw yesterday was a bunch of scared bullies who have been watching their power eroding, their social base shrinking, their wealth bring surpassed by “others,” and the American melting pot is making them a shrinking demographic.
Yesterday was a venting of their rage at their helplessness to stop their world from ending.
What they will probably never understand is that yesterday we saw the real substance of these leeches. They dropped their masks and let all that awful, awful misogyny, hate, and entitlement come pouring out.
They were so obsessed with winning at any cost that they made it so that no normal person can justify standing with them.
A long as they kept up that very thin veneer people could justify “giving the benefit of a doubt.”
That ship sailed yesterday. If you can in any way support any of those cretins, you have no excuse. You know who they are and if you don’t reject them then you are one with them.
Sorry for length, I’ve been sans net all day and this is my first chance to rant.
… but it was just beer. We all like beer.
My take on this SCOTUS nomination…

Pssst… Donald …aim for the gas tank…
No, it’s good. Strunk & White seal and everything.
This may sink Gamble v United States which means Mueller’s work with SDNY would be safe. And that has huge implications on pardons and trump’s personal legal exposure.
I consider that high praise.
Meaning it is limited to the allegations of sexual assault.
Unlikely. Not sure there is much he understands…
How convenient also for them. Their nominee is radioactive. He has been passed out of committee, the check boxes are done. Now if for some reason information develops from the investigation, they can cover their hands in mock horror and allow him to be sent to the dustbin. They have cover, see we did the investigation, Trump has cover in the “I didn’t know?” This must be a very uncomfortable moment for Brett.