Discussion: Trump Agrees To London Visit This Year To Affirm 'Special Relationship' With UK

1 Like

Just a wave from the plane …on his way to a Scottish golf course —

6 Likes

Trump said that decision has consequences. The U.S., he said, gives “hundreds of millions of dollars” to the Palestinians, and “that money is on the table and that money’s not going to them unless they sit down and negotiate peace.”

Well, people usually don’t mind being bribed, but they really hate being blackmailed…

8 Likes

[Quote] “A deal which included goods but did not include services could never be fair. It could never be attractive to the U.K.,” he said during a panel in Davos.[/Quote] Why should the EU care if the deal is fair and attractive to the UK? They have every motive to make Brexit as painful as possible for the UK to dissuade other nations from following the UKs example.

10 Likes

From another news source, a bit I also saw on the news:
“The prime minister and myself have had a really great relationship, although some people don’t necessarily believe that, but I can tell you, I have a tremendous respect for the prime minister and the job she’s doing. And I think the feeling is mutual from the standpoint of liking each other a lot.

Nothing like speaking for the female, rather than letting her say this if she wanted. I kind of wished she’d said, “No, I really don’t care for you personally even one bit. I don’t like you at all.”

5 Likes

Buckingham Palace announces, Her Majesty, The Queen, regrets that she will be out of the country during the President’s visit and was heard to utter "Whew!!"

7 Likes

Theresa May is gonna regret that one. We saw in the last UK election how well Labour did in well educated, diverse and even wealthy parts of Britain (esp. London suburbs). A ethno nationalist Tory party currently occupies seats where they are out of step with the values of the electorate. We’re seeing a similar trend in the US. As I go through the list of potential targets, I see a lot of GOPers who don’t fit the district anymore. We Dems had that same problem in the early 90s where we had a lot of Blue Dogs in districts where the electorate was more Red than conservadem. Once you’re at that tipping point, it shifts fast.

12 Likes

They’re going to let him sneak in and out of the backdoor at night.

3 Likes

“May said the ‘special relationship’ between the U.S. and U.K. continues.”

So…May’s tactful way of describing Donald as “special needs”?

13 Likes

May obviously has a death wish for her political career. Well played, m’lady.

13 Likes

I suppose this is another thing that will happen in “two or three weeks”.

7 Likes

Brexiteers still believe the fantasy that the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU, a fantasy based on some 19th century self-perception of Britain as an imperial power. The fact is that the UK needs the EU far more than it needs the UK, and most Brits are waking up to that fact.

9 Likes

They also believe that a Trump office of trade negotiation (another derelict bureau) will magically churn out a great deal for the UK before the Brexit process concludes. Not even the fully staffed Obama administration could have achieved such a feat.

7 Likes

He has heard about “The President’s Club”

5 Likes

One of May’s former aides said staff would listen in on her conversations with Cockholster (a perfectly normal occurrence during calls between world leaders) and he would constantly interrupt her.

Imagine that.

BTW: May invited Hair Führer to visit just after his selection. A couple months later he “postponed” it because he didn’t want to be greeted by a million protesters in London, not to mention that the Queen demurred on treating him to a golden carriage ride. I’m sure it will be much different now. NOT!

Just sayin’.

4 Likes

Yeah buddy…can’t wait…cocktails with the mayor, carriage ride with the Queen…thousands of jeering citizens in the streets…stonewalled in Parliament…gonna be a groove…

2 Likes

I’ll believe it when I see it. I think the shithole in chief is too much of a coward to visit the UK in the face of the reception he’ll receive.

But, OMG, if he does go, the demonstrations will be amazing!!!

5 Likes

Huh? That’s some serious American insularity that bit is. Lets add a few facts. the UK is not part of the Schengen Area, or open border area of the EU. The EU is not a club or a single thing. It’s an economic, political and security agreement with opt outs if members want them. The UK opted out of the Schengen Agreement so you can’t just waltz into the joint from any part of the EU. The notion that member states with liberal migration and refuge policies could serve as unchecked portals into the UK is false. And there’s a shit load more people in the UK than the Prime Minister alone. Just about all of them loathe Trump. Trump’s the classic ugly American. Something that didn’t really exist until he came along. PM May is going to have her work cut out for her ( and her political career threatened ) if she tries to chum up to Trump. The British won’t have it.

The bit is an example of the world through an American lens. Bullshit in other words.

5 Likes

The only questions … really …

regular or diet ? ? …
sweetened or unsweetened ?? …
plastic or …no ? ? …

6 Likes

4 Likes