Discussion: Trump Adviser Says Nominee 'Operates Now Almost Like A President'

1 Like

Wait, some guy named Wild Pharts says Trump is operating “almost like a President”?

President of what, the local sanatorium?

20 Likes

President of Moronvia, perhaps.

9 Likes

Wait, that–that doesn’t make any sense.

12 Likes

Except, he doesn’t have any power to do anything, or command troops, or confer with foreign powers. But other than that, just like a president.

7 Likes

Neither Hillary’s opponent nor the opponent’s sycophants ever make sense.

10 Likes

is it because he reminds you of Saddam Hussein or Quaddafi Duck?

7 Likes

That headline killed my appetite.

3 Likes

Well, yes, he is acting almost like a president. Just not like a president of the United States. Although some presidents of the United States have not acted much better. But we were supposed to learn from them and not repeat the mistakes.

7 Likes

“[snip] claiming that Trump listens to his advisers.” The advisors in his own head?

3 Likes

I just read about this and lost mine. I think it has something like 2500 calories.

1 Like

Arteries harden just looking at that.

3 Likes

Word salad hires word cole slaw.

5 Likes

I think that he means the President of Freedonia.

14 Likes

During the 1980s, Phares, a Maronite Christian, trained Lebanese militants in ideological beliefs justifying the war against Lebanon’s Muslim and Druze factions, according to former colleagues. Phares, they say, advocated the hard-line view that Lebanon’s Christians should work toward creating a separate, independent Christian enclave. A photo obtained by Mother Jones shows him conducting a press conference in 1986 for the Lebanese Forces, an umbrella group of Christian militias that has been accused of committing atrocities. He was also a close adviser to Samir Geagea, a Lebanese warlord who rose from leading hit squads to running the Lebanese Forces…

In 1978, the Lebanese Forces emerged as the umbrella group of the assorted Christian militias. According to former colleagues, Phares became one of the group’s chief ideologists, working closely with the Lebanese Forces’ Fifth Bureau, a unit that specialized in psychological warfare…

[In subsequent years,] Phares continued to play a prominent role in the ideological training of Lebanese Forces fighters. Geagea wanted to professionalize the militia, so he established a special school where officers would receive training not only in military tactics, but also in ideology. The various Lebanese factions were already sectarian in character, but Geagea… wanted religion to become an even more prominent part of the Lebanese Forces. For that he turned to Phares.

“[Samir Geagea] wanted to change them from a normal militia to a Christian army,” says [Toni] Nissi, Phares’ former associate. “Walid Phares was responsible for training the lead officers in the ideology of the Lebanese Forces.”

19 Likes

“He made the initial statement because of we didn’t know,” Phares continued.

20 Likes

Stop for a moment and think about the statement. Imagine Trump really as POTUS.

Okay, okay, I know it’s bad. Come back inside. There’s no need to jump. We can stop that from happening. You’re a Democrat so start acting like one. We vote. We can send Hillary’s Orange Opponent and his spawn back to the abyss from which they oozed from.

12 Likes

Donald Trump…the Justin Bieber of my generation I am sorry to say.

1 Like

Trumpf would consider that gourmet dining.

3 Likes

Say what you will about Justin Bieber but he did have the good sense to tell the RNC, who wanted him to grace their convention, to take their $5 million and stuff it. So there is that.

15 Likes