Discussion: Trump Admin Keeps Up Attacks On CBO Before It Scores ACA Repeal Bill

2 Likes

Lots of harumphing and head shaking and finger pointing from the Trump cabal.

21 Likes

I don’t watch the Sunday shows, but surely some intrepid interrogator followed up with something like, “If you don’t like the way CBO analyzes things, what analysis are you relying on? And please share with us the results and the methods.”

32 Likes

“I love the folks at the CBO, they work really hard, they do, but sometimes we ask them to do stuff they’re not capable of doing, and estimating the impact of a bill of this size probably isn’t the best use of their time,” Mulvaney replied.

Huh? I thought the beauty of their bill was it’s simplicity. And created a less higher stack than Obamacare when printed out on paper.

31 Likes

Read somewhere Sr GOP official saying that CBO report is going to be bad. Very bad.

23 Likes

Think back over the last 18 months or so…what is always the Trump MO.? Attack, denigrate, obfuscate,criticize,discredit and LIE!They are ALWAYS CORRECT…opponents are NEVER on point even though we know Trump is a bumbling idiot and the scoundrels that surround him are malevolent carpetbaggers.

24 Likes

If, though highly unlikely, the CBO gives this mess a good score, the CBO will suddenly become the most brilliant agency in Washington.

24 Likes

Like you said, you obviously don’t watch them, Shirley.

9 Likes

I just want to know if ‘fearless leader’ is going to put his name on the bill.

11 Likes

Licensing arrangements will be made only after the blueprints are finalized. Plus, we need to order a really really great great great font.

11 Likes

Has Tom Price said anything about the CBO?

7 Likes

There are several non-partisan analyses of this misbegotten health care bill in this reporting.

21 Likes

Message in short: Pay no attention to the number crunchers behind the curtain.

12 Likes

Is this the same as when Trump called the Bureau of Labor Statistics jobs report and unemployment rate “a phony number,” “the biggest hoax in politics” and “the biggest joke” when they showed a growing economy during the Obama presidency… then, the same numbers “may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now” during his presidency?

A lie is a lie, no matter who tells it… the President, or his pawns or his Republican sycophants.
“What fools these mortals be.”

19 Likes

Of course he’ll sign it. Doesn’t mean he will have read it. It’ll exceed the three or four bullet points he’d prefer. Others will explain it. I see a great opportunity on the horizon for Dems since no one but Rs will be involved. Except for maybe Manchin and Heitkamp.

14 Likes

But we always know the bamboozle by following the attack line. If only his followers caught on that that easy “tell” of the Trump con.

2 Likes

Like the Jobs Report.

1 Like

He gave away the line he will use to dismiss the CBO report when he dismissed the Brookings Institute Report. Something about a “Siloed analysis” that can’t anticipate all of the (other) (really great) changes that will occur because of the program - inferring that those undefined by him or in the legislation - are the things that will bring about the great results. A two-fer-one - Dimiss the poor analytics of the report while introducing factors (not defined) that will bring about Great Results!

6 Likes

Working the umpires?

12 Likes

It’s fake!

It’s rigged!

It’s the Deep State!

Many people are saying it!

Believe me!

19 Likes