Discussion: Trump Admin Confirms They'll Blow Court Deadline For Returning Immigrant Children

He then ordered the parties to appear back in court Monday morning after Trump administration attorney Sarah Fabian said she had “dog-sitting responsibilities” that would prevent her from meeting over the weekend.

You can’t make this stuff up.

10 Likes

C’mon Judge Sabraw. Start putting people in jail. Start with the dog-sitter and the Wicked Witch of the DHS.
Televising the hearing would be nice.

15 Likes

This is an example of the work of Little Donnie’s very best. The swamp is now overflowing.

6 Likes

These heinous US attorneys probably huddled and asked each other what the hell the judge can do about it if they just say it’s impossible to comply with the judge’s order. I’m no lawyer, but I’m sure interested in learning exactly what the judge “can do” about this huge middle finger the Trump a-hole attorneys are giving to the court.

8 Likes

All this from the “pro-life” party and administration??

7 Likes

Make the head of DHS or HHS appear personally before the Court and threaten severe sanctions and set an OSC re contempt.

Apply the Crate and Barrel rule: YOU BROKE IT, YOU BOUGHT IT.

14 Likes

Hey the kids are already born, so they don’t give a flying fuck.

11 Likes

63,000,000 Trump voters are against unborn children being removed from their mothers via the procedure of abortion.

But they’re Ok with children being removed from their mothers after birth.

13 Likes

Is this like “do it by sundown or else” ?

3 Likes

It requires someone to come into court and argue why he or she should not be held in contempt. If found in contempt, a person can be put in jail until he or she complies with the court’s order.

10 Likes

Thanks. My degree is from Law&Order U where they always spell it out - Offer to Show Cause, right?

3 Likes

I think detaining them in their offices while removing their phones, computers and restricting bathing and bathroom breaks would seem justified.

5 Likes

Order to Show Cause. It is issued by the Court.

6 Likes

They can share the tin-foil blanket.

5 Likes

I guess we should remove the furniture and carpeting.

1 Like

And darken the windows and staff with guards who don’t speak English or Norwegian.

2 Likes

If any dog anywhere in the States is dognapped, let it be that dog.

2 Likes

and this story really should be the top headline on every news source. Instead, we’re being bombarded with non-stop announcements that there will be a reality-TV-style SC pick tonight.

5 Likes

America once was a free country. Americans have lived a full generation now with complete freedoms to lead the world, and our systems of governance have been an example for others to follow. The current generation of Americans has never been alive through any period of time when the consequences of our actions have been greater and more painful than their benefits. Care-free living was the American way. Very unfortunately for everyone, i fear that those who brought us to this fate will now require another generation of suffering in order to realize and understand that actions do have consequences, and America is not free to rule the world as it has in the past. Americans need a reminder of what pain, and shame in front of the rest of the world feels like. That is where Dotard T rumpp is taking us.