I just threw up in my mouth a little because of my own metaphor.
Haha. I hope you’re right. Her track record is hardly encouraging, however. I also appreciate your insight (in another comment) that Trump is panicking. He is, of course, and normally would be on his way out. Trouble is, the anti-constitutional ethos of the GOP, the taboo subject of political punditry, leaves me failing to identify exactly which institution will bring him to heel.
Dude, he finally made even Josh Marshall believe what we thought all along. It’ll be CW all over DC by the end of the week:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/into-the-abyss-trump-fires-comey
There is only one reasonable conclusion that can be drawn from the decision to fire Comey: that there is grave wrongdoing at the center of the Russia scandal and that it implicates the President. As I write this, I have a difficult time believing that last sentence myself. But sometimes you have to step back from your assumptions and simply look at what the available evidence is telling you. It’s speaking clearly: the only reasonable explanation is that the President has something immense to hide and needs someone in charge of the FBI who he believes is loyal. Like Jeff Sessions. Like Rod Rosenstein.
If only that were so. But I respect your point and have certainly thought about it.
Thx. fixed it.