Discussion: Tonight's 'Daily Show' Canceled After Trevor Noah Has Emergency Surgery

Discussion for article #242509

Is it common to return to work so quickly after an appendectomy?

Maybe if he’s out for a week or so Jon Stewart could come in and guest host, just for old times sake.

4 Likes

Poor guy. I understand appendicitis is terrible. Feel better, Trevor.

2 Likes

LazY BlacK. CalLING in SICk.

5 Likes

I had one back in the mid 80’s, and couldn’t hardly move for a week. I know that modern ones are laproscopic, and much less invasive. However, I’d be shocked if he were back this week.

3 Likes

This is bad news. Everyone knows most of the bodily humors come from the appendix.

2 Likes

Is it common to return to work so quickly after an appendectomy?

It probably is among people who don’t have the job security that their immediate predecessor had.

2 Likes

It seems a little inhuman. I hope he’s OK.

Son had one while in HS, was back in school 48 hours later, that was 20+ years ago when hospitals did not shove you out the door immediately.

1 Like

Damn, dude, take the weekend.

1 Like

Been there, had that surgery. Not a fun recovery.

Hope he feels better soon.

5 Likes

I hope it’s not all that writers’ room junk food! You gotta give your body time to adapt!
bummerino.

1 Like

I’m glad he won’t be out for very long. I’ve watched a few of the Daily Shows since Noah took over, and I think he’s working out very well. Nice British accent, although I do miss the Yiddish accent Stewart used when he was making fun of his relatives.

2 Likes

Jon gets an HBO deal, but all Trevor gets this week is a drafty frock and a dollop of ice cream. Cruel, cruel fate!

4 Likes

I bet they’ll have one of the regular correspondents “guest” host for a couple days.

Probably had it removed by laparoscope…

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back at work very soon. I had a laparoscopic gall bladder removal in '96 and a laparoscopic transverse colon removal in 2010 (I have Crohn’s disease) and I was up and at 'em in a couple of days after both (and I’m in my 60s.) I hate lying around doing nothing no matter how much post-surgical pain I’m in.

1 Like

Never the less it would be sensible to let the internal stitches heal a bit longer than 48 hours before returning to work. It also would depend on if his appendix had ruptured or not. Yes laparoscopy does allow for more rapid external healing (I had a laparoscopic repair of knee cartilage 7 years ago and I was hospital bound 2 days but was hobbled for a good 2-3 weeks. Then in 2012 total knee replacement which was a different kettle of fish.
edit
Noah, heal up and recover in fine shape sir! Take care!