Discussion: Tlaib Reignites Impeachment Push With Letter To Judiciary Dems

2 Likes

Ms. Pelosi, please take time from your busy schedule to spare 15 minutes on a remedial history course for Ms Tlaib.
Call it "Bad shit happens when you impeach without enough ammunition or votes on your side "
He will self impeach with his ongoing criminal enterprise

2 Likes

[insert Tena’s question here]

3 Likes

If a Democrat can’t count to 67 they shouldn’t be elected.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t object to Tlaib using the action of a letter to the Judiciary Committee in order to keep the “I” word alive. My own Congressman, Brad Sherman (D-Ca) was the first to submit articles of impeachment wayyyyyy back in 2017. I commended him for it then, and still do.

4 Likes

Democrats scared of and controlled by Republicans should not be elected.

4 Likes

Gee, the same thing was said before Articles of Impeachment were introduced in CONgress against Richard Nixon. You will never win the game if you don’t first take the field…

2 Likes

Has Trump committed impeachable offenses? Yes.

Is Trump a sufficient danger to the country to warrant impeachment? Certainly.

Would it be politically wise to impeach him? Probably not.

Is it going to happen now? Almost certainly not, unless some huge new scandal breaks.

4 Likes

The most important thing–many times more important than anything else–is to get Trump out of office (legally). Will trying to impeach him with the present Congress make that more or less likely? With what we know now, less likely.

Hence, alluring as the idea may be, table it unless and until something new breaks that changes the calculus radically.

3 Likes

Yeah, republicans love to hear impeachment talks when the count isn’t even close to 67. If any of the investigations bare fruit and the corruption becomes obvious, so obvious it can’t be ignored, like it did when the Nixon tapes were revealed, then, by all means, push for impeachment. Until then it’d just pissing in to the wind and helping the republicans.
@keninmn

2 Likes

Ah, Richard Nixon, I’ve been thinking he needs to be nominated for sainthood compared to what now occupies the WH.

1 Like

Unless the goal is to open a doorway to get the full Mueller Report released this is a dumb move to make this week

This is exactly what the republicans want at this point. Getting the full report is a long time coming, if it ever comes at all. They have the taking points they want and need right now so why would they fuck that up with actual information without a long protracted fight?

1 Like

@c_stedman

You really think that Republican Senators want the Democrats to impeach Trump?

You really think Republican Senators want to have a vote to convict or not after a prosecutor has laid out the case in public?

You really think that Republican Senators want the Senate tied up for months in a trial, and the media focused on it for even longer?

Impeachment would unite Democrats and divide Republicans. The Republicans are the ones who don’t want impeachment and a Senate trial, regardless of the outcome.

But Democrats seem to always do what their Republican Daddy’s want.

Impeachment Now!

I hate to say this, but this type of defeatist attitude is the reason Democrats are screwed. Are you suggesting that unless the path to victory is clear, you don’t do anything? That’s pretty cowardly and that’s what the country sees – a complete and total unwillingness to fight and put forth a very easy argument. This argument is that Trump is fundamentally unfit to be president because he has committed high crimes and misdemeanors.

The Blues want everyone else (e.g. Mueller) to do the dirty work, but Mueller saw this as fundamentally a political problem and threw the ball back into Congress where it belongs. Now, the Dems should grow some courage and make the argument with no hesitation to the American people and let the chips fall where they may.

2 Likes

As long as there aren’t close to 67 votes in the Senate the republicans are more than happy to have the impeachment argument.

You really think that Republican Senators want the Democrats to impeach Trump? Yes.

You really think Republican Senators want to have a vote to convict or not after a prosecutor has laid out the case in public? Once the state investigations bare fruit that prosecutor would have a case. Until then its just a shouting match between Dems and repubs.

Impeachment would unite Democrats and divide Republicans. Only after the on going investigations bare fruit. Until then the republicans are a solid block that say, Fuck You, America.

1 Like

Name one Republican Senator that wants the Democrats to impeach Trump. Just one.

Impeachment starts with House Impeachment Hearings. Let’s start there.

Unfortunately, Nancy Pelosi wants to keep Trump in the White House because she believes it is to her personal political advantage to do so. And she is probably right about that.

We ALL want the Traitor-on-Chief impeached, convicted, and imprisoned . However, we should not utter the “I” word in public. Why? The moment an impeachment process gets underway, every single political story and discussion from now until November 3, 2020 will be filtered through that lense. If there is no move to impeach, the GOPsters lose their most effective talking point.

3 Likes

“But Trump is guilty of Treason! We have irrefutable evidence! If he’s not guilty then why does he act guilty?” These are all arguments that Democrats, Democratic elected officials, and the corporate media have made, repeatedly, over the past two-and-a-half years. Are you saying it’s all bullshit? If not, and if all of the above is true, then why do you want Democrats to abdicate their responsibility to hold Trump accountable for his crimes?

1 Like

I’m not arguing that Trump is not a treasonous scum. Short of verdicts handed down in a court of law all the arguing between Dems and republicans is just political BS that will eat up time before the election. Barr just handed them the perfect spin that will last until 2020. The clock is going to be run out until the election so the best thing the Dems can do is make their case how they will improve America.
Like I said earlier, If any of the investigations bare fruit and the corruption becomes
obvious, so obvious it can’t be ignored, like it did when the Nixon
tapes were revealed, then, by all means, push for impeachment. Until
then it’d just be pissing in to the wind and helping the republicans. To argue over impeachements instead if issues only helps the repubs.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available