Discussion: Thursday Fox News Debate Was The Second Lowest Rated GOP Debate

Discussion for article #245288

So that means a debate WITH the Dumpster was the lowest rated debate!

7 Likes

So technically Trump won the debate. That’s just plain funny.

1 Like

I didn’t watch and see that I didn’t miss anything to bring back and old campaign slogan

2 Likes

So if it was 8.4% for the debate and a quarter of that for Trumpalooza, how does 10.5 compare to previous debates? Actually, no, it’s Friday, I don’t want to care about this.

5 Likes

Maybe…or it means that people are starting to feel overwhelmed with politics. Which, given how many ads are running in NH and Iowa, is probably definitely part of the problem in those markets.

3 Likes

If this is the best the Republicans can come up with for Presidential candidates, then I guess our only choice is
to write-in Richard Nixon in November.

Tricky Dick Nixon was a crook but he was more honest and forthright than any of these clowns.

Cruz should go back to Canada.
Rubio should go back to the Cub scouts.
Bush should go back to the silver spoon and his mommy (what a girly man)
Christie should crawl back under his slimy rock someplace in NJ
Dr. Ben needs to get his head examined

8 Likes

The acme of conservative (d)evolution…

1 Like

Hey, come on, we’re all waiting to hear what Trump should do on this list. Most of us have a good idea(s) about that.

1 Like

How goofy are CNN and MSNBC for broadcasting the Trump Road Show?
So much else going on in the world; why do we want to watch an empty podium that only draws more attention on the train wreck that is Donald J. Trump

4 Likes

And here’s my other thought. Where did all the money go?
If D-Trump didn’t align with Veterans groups so that they get the money directly, then it probably went to his own foundation and who knows how will be distributed?

Really TPM. Who gives a shit about the ratings? This is a fucking waste of space

Wrong headline. Should be “Viewership increases without Donald”.

5 Likes

Well, considering the Trump event was organized in a couple of days, and no one knew who would (even if anyone would) cover it until after it began, getting a quarter of the Repub debate viewers is pretty impressive.

I was good and goddamn disgusted at what MSNBC did last night. A split screen with Trump, and the talking head in the other half. Before they went full Trump I went to Netflix.

2 Likes

Other than Rachel and O’Donnell they are becoming unwatchable. This morning covering the blowhard while he says the same thing over and over again

6 Likes

I didn’t watch. I’ve given up on Republican candidates.

1 Like

What matters is how many folks were watching in Iowa.

3 Likes

The lowest rated debate was on Fox Business News which which is in 20 million fewer homes than Fox News. That probably factors in.

2 Likes

Just doing my civic duty with a wonderful DIY device. When any mention of last evening’s GOP FUBAR competing crap-filled circuses begins, simply have these close by and change the channel or the conversation:

1 Like