Discussion: This Paul Ryan Video Sure Looks A Lot Like A 2016 Campaign Ad

Ryan? VP Joe chewed him up like extra-lean hamburger four years ago. No, the GOP should turn to THIS guy:

2 Likes

Clearly needs to be retitled: “Steady Bullshit These Days.”

Ryan sounds very much like he’s refusing the nomination the same way he refused the House speakership.

10 Likes

Don’t let his Eddie Munster looks fool you…he is definitely ‘running’ while pretending not to.

6 Likes

Wow, just wow.

1 Like

“Bull in a China Shop” describes Trump. Only the word “nuke” should be inserted for “China”. I don’t give a flip whether the Nominee is Cruz, Kasich, Romney (or Eddie up in here).

The Republic needs for Trump not to be in the Oval Office.

Everything else is secondary at this point…much as I would like to snark away :worried:

Surely in this year of the GOP outsider, anti-establisment candidate, there is no one more electable than the man who is a former VP candidate (who lost) and is currently Speaker of the House. That’s a no-brainer.

4 Likes

It looks like a campaign ad,because it IS a campaign ad.

This is Ryan’s approach. He feigned disinterest in being Romney’s VP, and only accepted the slot because of the party begging him. He feigned disinterest in being the Speaker, and only accepted because of the party begging him (and by begging, I mean saying “no” to his every demand).

And now he is showing disinterest in being the Presidential nominee by putting out campaign ads. Its a pretty simple pattern to follow.

19 Likes

“What really bothers me the most about politics these days is this notion of identity politics: that we’re going to win an election by dividing people, rather than inspiring people,” Ryan says in a speech delivered to an audience of House interns.

Ryan quickly expanded on that thought by bemoaning the injustice of multiple states erecting needlessly arcane, cumbersome and possibly unconstitutional barriers to the right to vote for millions of people.

Oh, wait............
4 Likes

“Humility” used to be required for presidents, didn’t it? If you expressed actual interest in the job, you were unfit for it, etc? Maybe Paul is bringing “coy” back as a campaign tool.

1 Like

Hey, Eddie!
Where is the budget?
Where is ACA reform?
Where is tax reform?
Where is immigration reform?
Where is that jobs bill?
Why would we elect you to POTUS if you can’t get your own majority to do its job in the House as Speaker?
But, I must say that you wear nice ties!!!

5 Likes

Listen up America, don’t fall for the 2014 proposed second in command to grab the POTUS platform without truly earning it! Collectively, the GoPers are staging a coup to grab the POTUS platform by any means necessary, (with the exception of winning it of course). So lets stand together and DENY them the access to do so!

1 Like

“I hold in my hand detailed plans for defeating ISIS, overhauling the tax code, replacing Obamacare, balancing the Federal budget, wiping out student loan debt and reducing unemployment to 0%. Take that, Donald Trump!!!”

4 Likes

He hasn’t taken any of that to the House floor. He has a majority and can’t even pass a budget…What a loser!
(Thanks for the picture. Notice Eddie’s swell tie!)

6 Likes

Nice he found something to occupy his time…

1 Like

Any debater including Joe who’s watching his trans fat intake and cholesterol levels needs to avoid this guy.

2 Likes

RAyn has always been a lying opportunistic punk-ass politician with a hidden agenda, no matter what’s been known to come out of his mouth at any given moment. Anyone thinking he doesn’t want to be selected by the Party establishmentarians in his own party to be their white-knight young-gun President for those power-brokering elites in DC, hasn’t been paying attention. Just like he didn’t want to be Speaker of the House and then “reluctantly” agreed to be, you can be sure he won’t turn down the ‘select committee’ on selecting his royal selectness to his party’s top slot.

There was no need to create this dumbass commercial otherwise. I mean, come on, who does that without having some ulterior motive in mind? Did he really think the country all of sudden needed an education or a reminder on ‘political correctness’ from the likes of Partisan Pauly? Punk. The guy can’t even get the House to pass a simple fucking budget without probably resorting to another continuing resolution…and even that might not happen.

3 Likes

I believe you but I still don’t see how it would work. He’d get even less votes than Kasich. THEN, he’d go back to being Speaker. If being a “unity” candidate doesn’t fly with the American GOP base, how is he gonna unify the House maniacs?

He failed as a VP candidate, he’ll fail as a GOP placeholder. I don’t see anything in this for him other than FAIL.

3 Likes

I thought about Carnak, but the routine with Ed (McMahon) was a tad different.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available