Discussion: The Vise Is Tightening On Paul Manafort, The Mueller Probe's Linchpin

Probably overlooked donald’s little ducks. They’ve got daddys’ big mouth.

1 Like

Wow, that links tDump to Cyprus 20 yrs ago. Another one of them “odd business deals”

2 Likes

As I said in another post, I believe there are a LOT of people from both sides of the aisle who want Mueller to set a new record for the speed with which a special prosecutor can go after the maniac in the White House - I think going straight to a raid instead of the months long pattycake of requesting, then subpoena issuing, then court ordering and whatever else can be done to drag things out is the first example we are seeing of this unwritten instruction. I believe there is a going to be a lot more of this because time is of the essence and every sane person in government knows it including most of the people sitting around the table with Trump.

5 Likes

I agree. I think there are multiple wheels of treason and spokes to each. Manafort is but one of many.

1 Like

This is probably not an original comparison, but Trump really is “Springtime for Hitler” for the Republican Party and their various parasites. So long as they keep losing, no one pays attention to where the money comes from or where it goes. Now that they’ve accidentally won, the backers are coming to collect, but no one’s got the goods.

Only there are no Blooms in this version. They’re all Bialystocks (Manafort, Flynn, etc.). Except for Bannon. He’s Franz Liebkind. And Sessions is Lorenzo St. DuBois. And of course this extends far beyond just the Trump Campaign. Ryan and McConnell are just as stuck in this mess as the rest of their party.

4 Likes

Who will he rat out first? How many will be rat out in total? “The whole truth…” MOAR popcorn, please!

1 Like

Will come in volumes I-V.

1 Like

Flipping Manafort and Flynn are the way for Mueller to go after Kushner, Uday/Fredo, Pence, and Trump on Russian collusion and, in Don the Con’s case, financial shenanigans.

Assuming you are correct, how does this string play out? What percentage of Trump’s base cares if there was collusion? If the base does not care, will the House GOP’ers care? If indictments are leveled against Trump associates / family, what’s to prevent the President from simply using his pardon authority? He is, after all, the Victim in Chief.

There are attorneys who left seven figure jobs to go work for Mueller, so there must be a compelling case to be made, but I’m wondering if this investigation will change the political landscape or just make Trump’s base dig in further.

When will tramp issue his pardon?

1 Like

OK, how about Agnew/Safire (time related at least to WGate: nattering nabobs of negativism and hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history.

3 Likes

I am a little confused as to why Mr M OWES millions to various Russian entities rather than OWNS millions that came from Russia

2 Likes

-rev:
The point is, I cannot recall a single thing to laugh about Watergate or its perpetrators

Well, Doonesbury sure did. Trudeau made the most of Watergate. And he made it funny.

1 Like

He’s caught between jail time and the polonium umbrella. Doesn’t spill the beans, it’s cell-block 10b. Lets the world know what really happened, gets the jab on the boardwalk the moment he lets down his guard (and Trump’s in jail).

4 Likes

Cancelled.

The vise is tightening on PO(tu)S, as well, as him former supporters realize it is all a show.

“Create American jobs, buy American … it’s hot air. You can’t even get your own administration to do it.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/health-care/2017/08/11/tarrant-county-surgical-mask-maker-supported-trumps-buy-american-pledge-now-sees-hot-air

3 Likes

Wilbur. is that you?

3 Likes

Kushner is Crown Twink. Won’t last fifteen minutes in prison.

Flagged !

2 Likes

the humor feels hollow to me. the whole let’s destroy the environment and take away the infrastructure while gerrymandering and suppressing votes thing kinda gets me down. it’s the venom of 45’s supporters that makes me lose belief in America, not the “man” himself

2 Likes

It’s irrelevant to speculate what may occur with pardons. It only matters that Mueller does his job.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available