Discussion: The Story Behind TPM's Story: More On The Duggars' Insular, Powerful Ministry

Discussion for article #240975

You don’t have to dress up like Beethoven to play a piano. You can do that just being you. You can do it very well just being you. If you want “success and health and happiness and joy.” you can have that being you. You don’t need religiosity or Gothard or Duggar. In fact they’re a waste of your time. You need you for that.

1 Like

A window into the mind of the christian taliban, with apologies to the Taliban.

3 Likes

TPM has its own story?

That photo just screams “The Handmaid’s Tale” - Yikes!

7 Likes

that creeped me out too. It screams CULT

3 Likes

When it all finally comes crashing down (we haven’t hit bottom yet), I’m sure TLC will tell us that they “were helping America see the inner workings of a cult, and let’s all point and stare. And pay no attention to the stacks of money behind the curtain.”

1 Like

I wonder if TLC’s CEO has ties to Gothard and IBLP?

3 Likes

I call these people “suckers”, not poor suckers as they were born with brains they simply chose not to employ. What a bunch of nuts!

1 Like

If this doesn’t look like a cult following, then I don’t know what is.

3 Likes

lol now I have something to believe in, I’m going to DeVry!

1 Like

These people sound feeble-minded.

my phoenix can beat your devry up anyday…gooooo mythical birddragonlions…lmao

Here’s a very good look inside that Gothard home schooling cesspool of depravity after which the Duggars modeled their own ‘teachings’ and ‘guidance’ they used on their own brood. It’s from someone who grew up in that nightmare environ and, from which, he fortunately escaped. It’s chilling and very telling, with specific reference to that horrid Duggar cult.

1 Like

Wait… she can still walk?

Come on MSM, can’t you report on something important, relevant, real news, subject that we care about pretty much anything but this crap. TLC should be boycotted for even considering putting these scum bags back on TV. Just proves the point that you have to be a crook, scumbag or a lie about it all to get anywhere now a days. Pretty sad and embarrassing. Pretty sick of seeing or hearing about this huge waste of oxygen.

On the contrary, the article opens a window to a strange world, and I was interested to know more about the Duggar family and numbers of others like them. The members of the cult are insulated from the world so completely, that if they decide to venture out, they have no frame of reference to meet the world. No wonder the former member said after a decade in ATI the family “is now in shambles” and the atmosphere is “toxic and destructive.”

Old story: two sociopaths breed.

So how many other christianist cults are there out there, sponsoring abuse while waiting to be discovered?

He’s not wrong.

1 Like