Discussion: The GOP's Great Mammogram Farce Of 2015

Discussion for article #241185

4 Likes

what! are you actually saying women can have sex without permission? who knew?

12 Likes

I keep trying and trying to come up with a one-word description for Republicans, and the only word that seems to fit is “Evil.” I guess it’s fitting that "evil is a four-letter word.

7 Likes

If you really want to get the GOPers upset, remind them that some women have sex with other women, and that neither one of them ever asks a GOPer for permission.

8 Likes

“…women are having sex and Republicans would very much like for them to cut it out.”

Except their mistresses. They should for sure keep having sex.

10 Likes

Don’t you realize that the fundamentalist Christians and conservative Catholics who the GOP is trying to satisfy believe firmly that a woman’s place is in the home dominated by her man. In the official view of fundamentalist Christians and conservative Catholics women are barely human. Mostly they are property. Of course they don’t think a woman should have sex before marriage and after marriage the only pleasure involved in sex should be her husband’s.

How any woman votes for any Republican is totally beyond me

18 Likes

Perhaps there are issues of regional dialect here.

“Pap” is short for “Pappy,” he who gives permission. “Papilloma”, as in “Human Papillomavirus,” is something that the godless scientists have invented, to make Pappy look bad, to smear him, because if his little sweet thing is infected it reflects badly upon his manhood. The fact that his manhood carries HPV more often than not is just another part of the

Pap smear.

Anyhoo, that’s how it comes in my Calozarkian->Standard English translator. Healthy breasts good, Pap smears bad.

2 Likes

No, only with Pappy’s permission. Quit smearing Pap.

2 Likes

Sorry Amanda, but republicans aren’t smart. They’ve never hidden their opposition to birth control or the idea that women who engage in sex beyond procreation are sluts (in their tiny minds.)

9 Likes

“[T]hat Planned Parenthood doesn’t offer mammograms was held out as some kind of proof that the organization doesn’t provide women’s health care.”

It’s hard for Republican men, isn’t it?

They spend their entire careers never quite able to see beyond the breasts.

21 Likes

I a little surprised that the HPV vaccine, one of the great triumphs of modern science, has not yet appeared in the clown conference.

We know how to eliminate 90% of the cases of cervical cancer, through mass immunization, and these monsters prefer to keep the disease around to scare the young people into an improbable and never-before-seen-anywhere obedience to the abstinence-dictates of Pappy (which will in any case not slow down the incidence of the cancer, since the virus is not gender-specific).

7 Likes

Except their mistresses.

2 Likes

Yeah - They’re never a scientist when it comes to global warming but they all think they’re doctors when it comes to women’s reproductive systems.

18 Likes

This all stems from Obama mis-speaking during a debate, when he said women rely on PP for mammograms. While he no doubt meant that, just like we all understand because we’re not fucking retarded, that women go there to get their screening and an appropriate referral to a radiology clinic if necessary, the “fact checkers”…who, let’s be fair, are just spinsters anyway…jumped all over it, decrying him as a “liar” because PP doesn’t provide mammograms on site. So the GOP/Teatrolls remember it and they’ve latched onto the idea that unless PP is irradiating tits on a regular basis, then what else could there possibly be that they’re doing to that constitutes “women’s health care”? It is a deliberate public perception play…and effort to give the MSM nothing else to talk about except that PP doesn’t do mammograms, and thereby combat the correct knowledge that PP provides a panoply of women’s health cares services and medical treatments and that 97%+ of what it does has nothign to do with abortion.

They want to be able to ask “well, if only 3% or less of what you do is abortion and you don’t provide mammograms, then what is it, pray tell, that you could possibly bee doing that requires all this money? Seems to me you’re not doing much of anything!”

6 Likes

As to “slut shaming” sure. But I think it hits closer to home to realize that they universally view PP as a service provider to the poor, whom they believe are all minorities.

Bottom line: They desperately want poor minorities to stop reproducing.

9 Likes

You took the words out of my mouth. This is more of a class/race issue than a mysogyny issue. I’m sure most Republicans have no problem with, for example, Ann Romney getting medical services, including abortions should she so desire.

4 Likes

Does Planned Parenthood remove warts or do brain surgery? Those both qualify as “health care” and if PP doesn’t do that, then they must just be harvesting fetuses for brains.

No other conclusions may be drawn.

18 Likes

Do you suppose maybe the problem is that it isn’t hard for Republican men?

10 Likes

Well that won’t happen if they cut contraception services.

7 Likes

The GOP has issues with women’s bodies.

2 Likes