Discussion: The Fox News Undercard Debate May Be Jim Gilmore’s Finest Hour

Discussion for article #245251

Who?!

2 Likes

Gilmo-mentum 2016!

1 Like

Vote for me. — No, I’m, not Bob McDonnell. No, really, he’s the former governor in jail, not me. No really, he’s the one with hair…

1 Like

Gilmore??? Nope. Doesn’t ring a bell. Sorry.

2 Likes

TPM:

The Fox News Undercard Debate May Be Jim Gilmore’s Finest Hour

Nobody puts Jimmy in a corner.

2 Likes

focusing his attention on New Hampshire?

does New Hampshire even know he’s there?

2 Likes

Is he the guy that played the Dale Doback’s dad in Stepbrothers?

I consider myself to be a political junkie and I have no idea who this man is. Doesn’t seem like a very savvy move to tell the people of Iowa he’d been purposely avoiding their state. I’ve always wondered what do people like this guy get out of running. He has to know he doesn’t stand a chance. Of course, the same thing could probably be said of Martin O’Malley at this point. But at least he adds substance to the conversation.

1 Like

Richard Jenkins. Such a good character actor. I love that guy. I’ve got to imagine that he’s so much cooler than Jim Gilmore.

2 Likes

I still never heard of him and he’s going to stay that way to everyone in the country.

If I had to vote for a Republican, it would be him. He is the only one in the race that has actually done something good for education.

2 Likes

He is. I actually felt badly for the joke after I wrote it. I loved him in Stepbrothers.

1 Like

I honestly, no joke, read the headline and immediately said “who?”.

I honestly had no idea who this guy is… Still don’t either really

And his second finest hour was?

1 Like

Is this the weird uncle Rory and Lorelai will joke about in the Gilmore Girls reboot?

How much did he pay the folks to trend him on Twitter? Minimum wage or less?

If the collective response from this group of political junkies is “who?” and the article provides no concrete reason why we should suddenly be paying attention (it doesn’t), I guess it’s safe to say that his finest hour wasn’t enough for the job. I can’t even remember his name already.