Discussion: The First Democratic Debate Has Its Moderators

other than MADDOW and -DIAZ-BALART…the others are all wimpy thumb-suckers…SAVANNAH GUTHERIE/CHUCKIE TODD??? GEEZ!

7 Likes

Let’s get this show on the road.

Two fronts of action - debate coverage - and investigations.

3 Likes

What an amazing cast of partisan corporate hacks for moderators! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Savannah Guthrie and Chuck Todd…ew.

We’re going to end up debating how stupid these questions were rather than how the candidates performed or the substance of their answers.

17 Likes

Same as it ever was. The whole notion of a “debate” with more than 10 people is absurd anyways.

8 Likes

Cillizza wasn’t available?

11 Likes

Yeah, Rachel Maddow!!!

14 Likes

We’re never going to get better as a country if we keep dragging ChuckfuckingTodd along with us.

16 Likes

Bring on the “When did you stop beating your spouse?” questions! A fine collection of hacks, Republican’ts and brown-nosers of imperial power. And Rachel Maddow…

5 Likes

And the fun of watching Fat Nixon complain that they are hogging the news cycle
Time for a new tariff or bombing or something

6 Likes

Thank You
debate noun
de·​bate | \ di-ˈbāt
, dē-
Definition of debate

(Entry 1 of 2)
: a contention by words or arguments Our polite chat about politics became a heated debate. The case sparked a raging public debate on property rights. : such as
a law, government : the formal discussion of a motion (see motion entry 1 sense 3a) before a deliberative body according to the rules of parliamentary procedure
b : a regulated discussion of a proposition (see proposition entry 1 sense 1b) between two matched sides the last presidential debate before the election the debate’s moderator

debate verb
debated; debating

Definition of debate (Entry 2 of 2)

intransitive verb
1 obsolete : fight, contend
2a : to contend in words
b : to discuss a question by considering opposed arguments
3 : to participate in a debate the six primary candidates who debated last night

transitive verb
1a : to argue about the subject was hotly debated
b : to engage (an opponent) in debate a governor debating her challenger
2 : to turn over in one’s mind : to think about (something, such as different options) in order to decide still debating what to do

2 Likes

Excuse Me
It’s Chuck “It’s Not My Job To Inform People” fucking Todd

12 Likes

Ain’t that the truth! Honestly, other than Todd, I’m good with the moderators. I’m glad Maddow will be in the mix to hopefully steer the discussion to Democratic base issues and Holt and Diaz-Balart have done well with this kind of thing in the past.

That’s going to be a whole new aspect to 2020. He’s chewed up just about every news cycle since 2015. He’s going to increasingly find himself being forced to share the limelight which will only upset him even more especially because they’ll be saying terrible things about him. I fear he’ll just direct Barr to launch a new investigation into whomever happens to be percolating in the polls.

10 Likes

FFS Chuck Todd!?

Yay to Rachel, not sure on Lester Holt, I only really know him from Dateline

5 Likes

The Presidential campaign has become a reality TV show. What nonsense!

The story isn’t entirely clear, but it sounds to me like the same set of moderators will appear both nights. That would mean that both sets of 10 candidates get the same moderators.

2 Likes

Do the Democrats really need 3 moderators for each session? Or are they really questioners? A moderator presides over a meeting. Only one is needed, typically.

3 Likes

All the serious candidates are going to be trying to figure out how to get on Night 2.

Holt did get Trump to admit the real reason he fired Comey was “the Russia thing”. But Trump seemed eager to say it, so…

3 Likes