Discussion: The Comeback Kids: How Dem Senate Hopes In 2016 Rely On 2010 Losers

Discussion for article #234099

The only “proven losers” are seditious Republicans and their inability to govern.

5 Likes

Vitter is running for GOVERNOR? My God, Louisiana is doomed.

8 Likes

I’d like to see Russ Feingold run for Senate again. I would hope enough Wisconsinites are embarrassed by Ron Johnson and the Republicans. Oh who am I kidding? They think Walker is Presidential material. It’ll be a tough fight.

10 Likes

¨With a depleted bench, national Democrats are plucking a bunch of retreads and rookies," NRSC spokesman Jahan Wilcox said.¨

Projection can be ugly.

2 Likes

Years ago, when the battles gay marriage were in their infancy, and we were still battling over Civil Unions (Remember those?), this same dynamic played out in Vermont. The Civil Union law was passed, and in the next election cycle, a whole bunch of Republicans challenged Democrats in office and won, ginning up support with their “Take back Vermont” jingoism, really a harbinger of the Tea Party.

After a session of two of piss-poor stewardship, most of the original Dems got their office back.

5 Likes

I was thinking that when I read the NRSC a$$#0!e call guys like Strickland and Feingold “proven losers.” I don’t know why they have to be such mean-spirited sons of b!tches all the time. It really must be exhausting for them.

Guys like Feingold and Strickland lost “a” race. They’re hardly proven losers. This dude’s definition would cast Lincoln, FDR, Clinton and Obama into the loser column…hardly a fair description of any of them.

8 Likes

The majority in Wisconsin don’t want Walker to run for president. Hillary Clinton leads him in Wisconsin by 52 to 43 in a recent poll.

10 Likes

I’ll take it. Yay Dems! Go team, Go!

1 Like

Russ Feingold is 6-1 with regard to winning elections. Mitt Romney is 1-1. So if Russ Feingold is a “proven loser” than Mitt Romney must be a super-duper proven loser.

8 Likes

Russ Feingold is desperately need in the United States congress.

8 Likes

Not to mention McCain, Palin and Romney, just to name a few more “proven losers.”

4 Likes

In North Carolina, party leaders are hoping to recruit former Sen. Kay
Hagan, who narrowly lost after serving one term, to challenge Republican
Sen. Richard Burr.

Shoot me now.

1 Like

Mittens is 1 - 2. He lost a senate race to Teddy K.

4 Likes

It wont be tough. Feingold could have beat Walker in the recall election. Wisconsin is blue except when the Kochs threw millions into the 2010 and they gerrymandered the state to make it look red. It isnt unless they disenfranchise more low income, elderly and students.

2 Likes

The Democratic Party has done such a poor job at party building it is dependent on retreads. So sad. That the Democratic Party can’t ask up and comers to take the lead says a lot about the poor quality of the Party’s leadership.

I know you are going to stone me for slamming your favorite retread, but seriously where are all the second, third tier leaders who are fired up and ready to go? Why haven’t they been moving up the chairs in state government?

1 Like

“Dem Senate Hopes” hinge more on Hillary’s coattails.

Damn good question. I’d be very happy for the DSCC to wait til after the primary voters have their say before endorsing.

Kay’s campaign was deplorable. I would not want to experience that again. C’mon, North Carolina!

The NRSC actually has a point here. The Democrats do have a very thin bench nationally. With the exception of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic “contenders” are mostly unknown. If Hillary Clinton’s candidacy flames out for whatever reason, who do the Democrats have that can raise enough money to run a viable campaign, motivate the base to go to the polls and not scare off more moderate voters in Ohio, Florida and Iowa?