Discussion: Tenn. GOPer Wants To Boot Syrian Refugees Already Living In State

Discussion for article #242957

yeah…

let’s round them up and if the Feds won’t take them then let’s confiscate their land and businesses because that worked so well with the Japanese in WWII…

4 Likes

State Rep. Glen Casada ®, chairman of the House Republican caucus, told The Tennessean that the state should activate the National Guard to stop Syrian refugees "from coming in to the state by whatever means we can."

"I’m not worried about what a bureaucrat in D.C. or an unelected judge thinks," Casada added. "We need to gather (Syrian refugees) up and politely take them back to the ICE center and say, ‘They’re not coming to Tennessee, they’re yours.’"

Oh, fuck me hard, this man is more than just severely derpy.

4 Likes

Profile in Courage

7 Likes

Chairman of the TN House Republicans.

Boy, for fuckers who seem to believe that Jesus founded the country, they sure like to propose trampling on the Constitution every chance they get.

6 Likes

16 ? In 18 years ? Averages 1 a year sad.

3 Likes

As long as the Tennessee national guard has to wear the initials for “Sovereign State” on their lapels I say go for it!

8 Likes

He talks pretty tough for a guy whose last name ends with a vowel.

5 Likes

There are no words for the stupid y of this Tenn GOPer.

1 Like

TPM:

When asked by The Tennessean if the state had the power to expel Syrian refugees from the state, Casada said, “Tennessee is a sovereign state. …”

Then stop taking tax dollars from the US gov’t. I’d be more than happy to let you secede.

9 Likes

In 2009, Casada was one of the plaintiffs in a lawsuit in federal court, Captain Pamela Barnett v. Barack Hussein Obama, which claimed that Barack Obama was not an American citizen and therefore ineligible to be President of the United States.

In April 2011, he tried to repeal a workplace non-discrimination bill for sexual orientation and gender identity in Nashville.

***So, he's a xenophobe and homophobe. Par for the course in GOPland.***
9 Likes

He’s blocked his e-mail address, however his a few phone numbers to call!
http://capitol.tn.gov/house/members/h63.html

Nashville Address
301 6th Avenue North
Suite 25 Legislative Plaza
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: (615) 741-4389
Fax: (615) 253-0229

District Address
3144 Natoma Circle
Thompson Station, TN 37179
Phone: (615) 943-7396

6 Likes

why he is at it - Casada should contact Poland as ask them to reopen Auschwitz - so he has a place to put all the Syrians in Tennessee

these fuckers hit new lows every day

1 Like

You knew it would only be a day or two before someone started pushing for that. It’ll be interesting to see how much traction it gets though.

The curious question would be that a terrorist from a European country would already have a fairly easy time getting to the US and do not have the screening process Syrians have to go through before they get here. Just saying, several of these guys were french and several were Belgium. And we know nuts live in all countries.

Picking this group is just the fear du jeur at the moment and has no grounding in much reality.

2 Likes

You’re far more likely to be killed by a city, state or federal law enforcement officer in this country than become a victim of foreign bred terrorism.

5 Likes

Rep. Casada, why do you hate America and all it stands for?

1 Like

"You vil’ show us your papers, und you vil’ do it NOW!"

Just when you thought these depraved and loathsome demagogues of the GOP and the Rightie Wingnuttery can’t go lower, you just look under the snake’s belly in the wagon rut and you can always find one more willing to be just a bit more crazy and a bigger hate peddler and fear monger than the other crazies on the Loony Right we know.

3 Likes

Nothing has made me feel more alive…more worthwhile… than when I have been able to help another person(s) in true need ----

And nothing has made me feel more alone… fearful…and ashamed… than when I have shirked that same opportunity ----

How about we get them to boot ISIS from Iraq and Syria?.