Discussion: Tenn. Doesn't Fund For Economic Council On Women After GOPer Asks Why There Isn't One For Men

Discussion for article #234011

(shakes head)

4 Likes

Earlier this week, a proposal for an “NAAWP.” Now, a proposal for an economic council for men.

It sure has been the Tennessee state legislature’s time to shine this week, no?

5 Likes

Mike Bell is so stupid that he moves his lips when he watches television.

4 Likes

As EVERYONE here has pointed out, if anything benefits any sector of society that isn’t White and/or male, then that means BY DEFINITION that Whites and males are not benefiting.

Q.E.D.

1 Like

Also known as “Any benefits towards any population is a zero sum game”.

Equality is not a competition. By definition.

2 Likes

She told him “Men basically are running everything, anyway.” SLAP!!

2 Likes

They should change their name to “Home Economics Council for Women” and continue to work for wage equality. Bell would have no problem with it then since it seems to keep women where they belong.

White guys are always excluded from everything. Why isn’t there just some place where a white guy can go to have his voice heard?

3 Likes

There IS one. It’s called the Chamber of Commerce.

4 Likes

I wonder if they (the Men) could understand the concept that if it wasn’t for women, they would’t be here at all.
Unfortunatly, in this state they start way to early in that regard. Better to be pregnant then get a highschool diploma.

Damn, I just cannot help myself but I do feel sorry for folks like this conservative Republican. It has become apparent from around the '80s forward that nearly every American identifying themselves as a socially conservative person politically-speaking and those who identify as conservative evangelical (and a good chunk of any other “conservative” religious person) truly lack the actual ability to show empathy for anyone who isn’t nearly identical to themselves. I think science really should perform studies on the phenomenon. Let me be clear, though, it isn’t exclusive to just the white race – it might appear so, but that’s only because whites have largely outnumbered nearly all others. As time marches forward and others find their voice (see Alan West, Ben Carson, Piyash (?) Jindal, Nikki Haley, the verbal-rape lady, etc.) you will notice this condition crosses all boundaries. Sad.

“Tenn. Lawmaker Wonders Why There Isn’t An Economic Council For Men”

But there is. It’s called the GOP.

5 Likes

I know, right?

White guys just have a sucky path ahead of them these days.

We need a national “White Men History Month”. It’s just fair. We have Black History Month, Women’s History Month, and frankly, the other 10 months need to be officially designated as “White Men History Months”.

Otherwise, the centuries of abuse of white men in this country will simply never be remembered.

3 Likes

Or go someplace where others can hear the voices in his head.

1 Like

Equality is the goal, not the current or historical state of things. I wish these people loved America enough to actually learn it’s history.

“I always have a concern that we create the balkanization of our population.”

After having done so much to promote it on a state and national level, one might think a victory lap would be in order, not phony concern.

2 Likes

This guy certainly does not speak for all men. Many men support the idea of an Economic Council for Women and strong domestic violence laws and enforcement, while some women do not support these things. Forty-four percent of women voted for Romney, and possibly a majority or close to a majority of women in some Bible belt states oppose measures to rectify the gender gap in pay equality.

2 Likes

Right. Totally not fair that bars have “Ladies nights” but no “Mens nights”. So men need that extra 28 cents on the dollar pay than women in order to subsidize women’s drinks on those nights. Outrageous!!

Considering my wife’s comment after the first Star Wars movie was “that bar on Tatooine looks like every bar I went to in college!”, the subsidy is obviously way too low.

1 Like