Discussion: Ted Cruz <span style="line-height: 1em;">Accepts Trump's Offer To Speak At The RNC Without Endorsing Him

1 Like

What are you gonna speak about Ted? “Green Eggs and Ham” or “Go Dog Go”?

8 Likes

no discussion of any endorsement."

A veep wouldn’t endorse…

2 Likes

“Uh, Mr. Trump, sir, we have a bit of a problem with the scheduling for Wednesday night–a three-hour hole. Ted Cruz says he’ll give a speech, but only if it’s open mike. He might sing.”

7 Likes

Cruz will play the good soldier, slather on the compliments and endorse Trump, all with an eye on 2020. As prickly as he is he places a bit more value than Trump on cultivating at least a few allies in the party, especially when it serves his own purposes. Well, only if it serves his own purposes.

9 Likes

He wants to be sitting close to the podium when the Orange Wedding happens.

11 Likes

Trump’s Secret Service detail had better give him a “swarthy complexion in an airport” level of screening that night. Otherwise, “Oopsie! How DID that ice-pick get into Mr. Trump’s back!?!”

2 Likes

Ted Cruz really is a political whore.

15 Likes

“Cruz told reporters that he had a ‘positive and productive’ meeting with Trump on Thursday morning.”

As he departed for Starbucks, Cruz reportedly asked Trump, “That was two sugars and one cream, right?”

17 Likes

Sheesh, don’t you know that cream is for LOSERS

6 Likes

So this gives Bernie Sanders a template to do the same, I guess!

Oh! Oh ! Do the Sneetches! I love it when he does the Sneetches.

8 Likes

Shorter Trump: I am desperate. No one is speaking at my convention and I have to pay for it.
GOP: Trump should have a Swim Suit Competition instead. Will generate millions in revenue.

7 Likes

“Every so often it is my honor, my privilege, to welcome the truly great. And today we have one such man, ladies and gentlemen. Someone whom I’ve always admired more deeply, more strongly, more abjectly than anyone before. A man – no, more than a man – a god! A great god whose personality is so totally and utterly wonderful, that my feeble words of welcome sound wretchedly and pathetically inadequate. Someone whose boots I would gladly lick clean, until holes wore through my tongue! A man who is so totally and utterly wonderful, that I would rather be sealed in a pit of my own filth than dare tread the same stage with him.”

5 Likes

Wonderful, Ted “the Canadian anchor baby” Cruz, who everyone hates, will be one more reason to vote for Clinton.

1 Like

I would be happy to speak at the convention as long as I don’t have to endorse Trump.
In fact, Trump should like my general topic: I plan to discuss the problem of mishandled classified emails.
He may not like my examples, however.

2 Likes

I’m surprised Trump didn’t save the ass kissing and just run Pat Buchanan’s Culture War Speech. It worked to help defeat the other Clinton in '92.

Oh wait.

2 Likes

I’ll kiss you, but I won’t use tongue.

2 Likes

We don’t yet know what Malaria will be wearing (or not wearing).

4 Likes

Is Cruz speaking at the Republican convention on the night reserved for megalomaniacs? Oh, wait, that would be EVERY night!

4 Likes