Discussion: Ted Cruz: 'Liberal Fascism' Threatens 'Religious Freedom'

Discussion for article #235686

When Cruz uses the word “Liberal fascism”, it occurs to me he is describing exactly what the Republican party has turned into to and seems to be striving for. Exactly.

10 Likes

Oh, the irony!

1 Like

Ted Cruz is vicious lyin’ scum. As low as it is possible to be. A hater. A liar.

2 Likes

the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition summit

OMG, he deep throated that entire corn dog without gagging like Michele Bachmann did…

7 Likes

Unmitigated codswallop, but I’m certain it got the “faithful” on their feet. I’m reminded of John Stuart Mill who remarked, “I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.”

11 Likes

These Liberal Fascists are as bad at fascism as Cruz is at governing. Gosh, I can’t think of the last time I saw a (tax exempt) church in any city in America with people coming and going at will.

8 Likes

Oh My Dog! So sez the guy with the permanent Mussolini smirk.

2 Likes

Liberals don’t gratuitously drop “Christian” in front of out opinions, as a marker that our beliefs are the last word on the subject. Churches are the biggest businesses in many towns, and they are the model for how all Republicans want to tax and regulate all businesses. So I’m not grasping the fascist angle, either.

2 Likes

So said the Fascist.

8 Likes

This only seems ironic and/or crazy because everyone has forgotten the Dominionist codebooks we were constantly having to refer to from 2001 to 2008.

Translate “Christian” to “theocrat” and apply the special definition of “liberty” (i.e. the “liberty” that comes when people are forced to live according to God’s law") the statement is literally true, which is a rarity for Cruz. There is no room for theocrats in the Democratic Party and we are, in fact, against theocracy.

17 Likes

Sorry Ted. Having “religion” does not give you the freedom to force everyone to conform to your brand of religious insanity.

3 Likes

“Fascism”, another word Ted doesn’t know the meaning of!

4 Likes

Republicans really need to stop transposing their own philosophy onto others. I thought their leaders were proud of who they have become. They’ve retreated to their closets already? I suppose most of these hypocrites are well aware that what they are peddling to Independents is pretty toxic stuff which could get all of them burned in the 2016 election.

Go ahead, Teddy, and retreat from your “principles” to transfer/credit your opposition with your own warped conservative ideology and strategies. Turns out that Cruz is a bigger coward than we all took him to be. He’s fading faster than cheap perfume into typical TeaParty buffoonery and the campaign hasn’t even really started.

2 Likes

I think Cruz is full of bull. I think many (if not most) Christians do not view there being any kind of attack on their religious freedoms.

However.

Non-Crazy Christians, it is time for you to SPEAK UP! Let your voices be heard by other Non-Crazy Christians, by those of other faiths, by those of no faith. Speak up and say “this man does not speak for me!” Otherwise, we have no choice but to think that you are OK with being painted with the same brush.

Speak up.

6 Likes

There must be some way to get Cruz and his fellow Commie Conservatives to shut the fuck up.

4 Likes

And as if that weren’t bad enough, there’s one more thing, the worst of all—he NEVER SHUTS UP.

7 Likes

Well, we posted similar thoughts pretty much simultaneously. Guess I’m not alone in that. :smile:

4 Likes

“Liberal Fascist”

If it were not for the harm this possessor-of-some-of-the-most-evil-impulses-I-have-ever-seen-in-an-elected-official

has done
is doing
will do

He would be a permanent joke on the political landscape. The term “liberal-fascist” is oxymoronic enough (or is it “moronic”) so as to stretch even Cruz’ imagination.

I now believe that Cruz will, in the long run, occupy a place in politics reserved for the extremists, never being elected to any position requiring decisions, responsibility or accountability-thus disqualifying him for President in 2016 (or any other year).

Josh had an excellent piece on him recently.

3 Likes

I’m surprised ‘wealthy gay friendly’ Ted hasn’t blamed “liberal fascism” for his poor Senate voting record…

2 Likes