Discussion: Ted Cruz Defends Reporters Arrested In Ferguson

Discussion for article #226389

Stopped clock.

Any sane person would defend the reporters.

15 Likes

I’ll give the guy props…he’s absolutely right about this.

4 Likes

It kills me to agree with this guy because normally he is just a suck ass idiot.

14 Likes

Exactly. That’s why it’s so surprising to hear Ted Cruz doing the same thing.

21 Likes

WhoTF are you and what have you done with Sen Cruz?!

jw1

14 Likes

Pfft! The response reads as if is were a generic “sympathy statement” written by a staffer. Basically, a “Why can’t we all just get along?” redux.

Wonder how this jackoff would respond if, instead of unarmed suburban black folks, we were looking at a bunch of armed, white, fundie crazies, holed up trying to induce “The Rapture” with shit-loads of guns and illegal explosives, because, you know, God and Jesus.

18 Likes

To be fair, he also described Mike Brown as a young man who tragically died in a “confrontation” with law enforcement.

6 Likes

What a brave sentiment, except for the fact that it has no political downside for senator R-Opportunism. Now, if the Texas Rangers were going apeshit to protect the good white people of Dallas, that might be a different story.

7 Likes

Obamacare must be working… Ted has finally taken his meds!

3 Likes

I’ll agree with those who say this isn’t exactly profile-in-courage stuff. But it contrasts so violently with his usual swinish nonsense that I thought I was temporarily dyslexic. And if his saying this sways his followers at all, it’s constructive. So—yay?

5 Likes

Justice be done, Ted?

Ya mean like the SupremeCorporation kind of justice?

Where the K-RATS decided the US is free from racism?

(The KochBoys and NRA approve this message) /S

I have to think that Ted has experienced a brain event.

4 Likes

…he pooted in public?

2 Likes

Good. I thought it was me.

ETA: I thought it was I. The predicate nominative is one of the few shreds of civilization we can hold on to. (BTW it’s perfectly OK to end a sentence with a preposition.)

1 Like

Cruz needs to STFU. It’s toxic, racist attitudes like his which leads to the fuck nuttery that’s going on in Ferguson and it’s racist police force. The constant devaluation and dehumanizing of anyone not like him is what’s tearing this country apart.

No… Lets not jump in to praise Cruz…

Look at the events from the Cruz point of view…

He just understands that you can’t be killing off the low wage workers of the future… It’s all about the 1%…

Well, except for the implicit suggestion that what violence there has been hasn’t been provoked by the massive preemptive overreaction by the cops.

4 Likes

James Kilpatrick smiles down :smile:

“Reporters should never be detained”

Unless they write something about me I don;t like, of course.

Now, back to Benghazi.

2 Likes