Discussion: Ted Cruz Calls On Oregon Militia To 'Stand Down Peaceably'

Discussion for article #244265

Oh man, this is getting good. Cue Drumpf tweeting support to the Yeehadis.

8 Likes

je suis fat cranky rednecks!!

15 Likes

Every one of us has a constitutional right to protest, to speak our minds. But we don’t have a constitutional right to use force and violence and to threaten force and violence on others.

Come on, Ted. You have to admit that your double speak is understandably confusing to these dimwits. After all, I thought you just said that the purpose of the Second Amendment is to “serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny – for the protection of liberty” http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/ted-cruz-second-amendment-government-tyranny

These guys just seem to be doing what you said the Constitution guarantees them the right to do.

25 Likes

Yes, exactly ! He’s done as much to stir this kind of behavior up as Trump has, although with slightly better grammar and punctuation (which might be a mistake on his part…).

5 Likes

Friggin’ Teddy wants to shut down the WHOLE thing ----

Doesn’t agree with this “piecemeal” bullshit ! ! —

5 Likes

You…JUDAS, you !

5 Likes

Has he weighed in on this yet?

Having to say stuff like this has to be roiling these candidates’ insides. If only they weren’t running for President they could be helping on the ground.

I find it very interesting that, while suggesting that the extremist thugs end their siege, Cruz employs military jargon to wink wink indicate he finds their tactics valid and honorable.

I didn’t think it was possible for a politician to be more viscerally unappealing than Sarah Palin, but Ted Cruz has proven me completely, utterly wrong. This forked-tongue demagogue is arguably the most dangerous Republican in national politics today.

7 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

So far, Cruz’ calls for Trump to stand down peaceably have been ignored.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA…‘we only shut the government down thru LEGAL means…’

6 Likes

Trump: Cruz is wrong. I want this standoff to end in bloodshed. It increases my poll numbers. I stand with The Bundys and all white patriots.

1 Like

“and the penny drops”

1 Like

Silly you – do patriots come in any other color? :laughing:

7 Likes

Well…with remarks like that, the Cubanadian Turdburgler just lost at least 10points in the Iowa polls. And The Donald must be shouting for pouty’ Melanoma’ to bring a couple more bottles of bubbly for his champagne bath.

3 Likes

Cruz: Its all Obama’s fault; if we had shut down the government, Bundys would have taken this refuge peacefully. It belongs to the people and not govt.

1 Like

Soon Trump will be calling the Winded Warriors who have single handedly taken over a deserted bird sanctuary and offering the condolences that “yellerbelly” Cruz has deserted them and he’ll promise to build them a classy and yoooge’ building…and get Mexico to pay for it.

2 Likes