Discussion: Team Manafort: Gates Not Trustworthy Enough To Prove Manafort Lied

When there are no replies yet the little reply bubble indicates “1”.

5 Likes

Yeah, well, Paulie, thing is, he’s still a member in good standing of Bobby Three Sticks’ Cooperators Club. And Bobby’s like Santa, he knows if you’ve been bad or good. Whereas the only bigger liar than you on this whole round earth says you only worked for him for a short period of time. You’re out of ammo, hot shot, time to throw the gun at the advancing hordes and run. But you can’t; you’re in jail. Take up some time-consuming hobby, I guess, that’s my best advice.

19 Likes

So this is for the benefit of the judge and sentencing. Nice try guys but just - No. hahahaha

8 Likes

Killer defense tactic.

We’re all liars! Every one of us! Nothing any of us says can be trusted!!

12 Likes

Downing’s argument: Mr. Gates is not trustworthy enough to prove my client lied. Mr. Manafort, on the other hand, is so trustworthy that we can rely on him to tell the truth.

Don’t think that will get Mr. Manafort very far.

10 Likes

Might work with a jury.

Not a federal judge in a sentencing hearing, though. haha

6 Likes

Don’t find that compelling? Seems to be the emerging consensus around here. : )

3 Likes

Somehow I think a jury would also be put off by this. Why was that guy your partner if he’s such a liar. Isn’t that the first, most natural reaction to it?

4 Likes

Probably.

1 Like

Manafort not trustworthy enough to allege that Gates’ allegations that Manafort lied are not credible

10 Likes

Didn’t work with the jury.

3 Likes

The first “reply” is from “system,” and consists of the link back to the article. In fact, I think this is why sometimes comments aren’t activated - the “system” hasn’t posted the first “reply,” which is needed to kick things off.

7 Likes

In the matter of Liar 1 v. Liar 2, the court is in session.

3 Likes

I think Mueller is well aware of the fact that Gates is less than reliable, which is presumably why his team only used Gates to obtain information that could be verified, and then verified it. I also presume that they regularly tested Gates by giving him a chance to tell them something they already knew, or to lie, and break his own agreement. Mueller is not a neophyte at this game.

14 Likes

I’m guessing there were receipts :thinking:

2 Likes

Well, the work day ended and it’s hardly dinnertime but there are two new huge stories out—the NYT has intercepts obviously from the intelligence community showing MBS saying he would use “a bullet” on Khashoggi if he didn’t shut up and come back to the kingdom. Also Jeff Bezos accusing The Enquirer of trying to end investigation of them or they’d publish salacious images of him. Extortion, in a word. So that’s all lots of fun. See you tomorrow, bright and early.

22 Likes

You do have to appreciate the gall of this bunch saying that Gates’ lies have made him not credible but Manafort should still be considered a credible source.
Reminds me of an evening news program during Iran-Contra that led off with a statement along the lines of “Incredible testimony in the Iran-Contra hearings today…” It was truer than they intended it to be, since most of that testimony was anything but credible.
Please, please, let us go back to having an administration whose statements we might not like but are, at minimum, true.

5 Likes

These guys are so much fun. He was my partner and right hand man for 10 years. Even though he was my closest associate for a decade, he lies so much you can’t trust a single word that comes out of his mouth.

9 Likes

Team Manafort: Gates Not Trustworthy Enough To Prove Manafort Lied

Ok, that’s first good belly laugh I’ve had all week. Now to go read the article…

3 Likes