Discussion: Suspect In Mass Stabbing Attack In Japan Wanted All Disabled People Killed

My take is he felt killing other disabled people would negate his own disability. Very sad.

We have a worldwide epidemic of troubled young men “running amok.”

It’s being driven by the media and the darker corners of the internet. Declaring “war on terror” won’t defeat it.

I don’t know the solution, but it’s a very disturbing trend.

3 Likes

It’s not a coincidence that it’s happening at precisely the time that amoral antidemocratic hypernationlist authoritarianism is on the march around the world. Whether they share a cause or have a causal relation, I cannot tell you. But I do not believe it to be a coincidence. It’s almost like our capacity for peace and reason are generationally limited or, possibly, just not capable of weathering economic stress.

1 Like

And now the NRA have another example of a mass murder by something other than a gun, so assault weapons for everyone! If only the mentally ill people in that hospital had a gun - or one of the many people who work with the mentally ill were armed - you know like that black guy who was laying on the ground had his arms up in the air but didn’t have a gun - if he were in Japan with a gun he might not have been shot and could have been hero. See how much sense this all makes?

1 Like

26-year-old Satoshi Uematsu," the suspect in mass stabbing attack in Japan wanted all disabled people killed, would fit right in with the Republican Party of today!

He thinks all disabled people should be put to death? He should have moved here; the Republican Party would likely welcome him with open arms and fund a campaign for a Senate seat.

So how will this early-intervention system work?

Crazy calls out to crazy.

And gets more coverage.