Discussion: Supreme Court Preserves Texas' Gerrymandered Maps In 5-4 Split—For Now

3 Likes

38 Likes

“The Supreme Court court will fully consider the constitutionality of the maps at a later date, but the temporary stay of the lower court ruling makes it more likely that the racially gerrymandered districts will be used for the 2018 election”

Excellent summary. Now, if any Texas reps suddenly find familial companionship irresistible, we’re still in business.

I think it’ll happen.

12 Likes

Those right wing justices are traitors and enemies of the people. Fuck them and their entire families. Bunch of dirty traitors.

12 Likes

And this is how democracy dies. A stolen election, a stolen court seat, and death by a thousand rulings.

53 Likes

Let’s all say in refrain, “Elections have consequences.”

30 Likes

Sadly there is not too much surprising about a politically motivated decision by a court that has become politicized. There should be no Republican Senator who was in office during the Republican 2016 Court Packing diabolical that should be re-elected.

11 Likes

Thus does the GOP reap the rewards of stealing a SC seat last year.

They are allowed to continue to twist and warp our country’s laws in order to tilt the scales to do one of the most un-American things possible… rob people of their freedom. The freedom to elect their representatives.

Oh happy days.

30 Likes

Republicans have become such morally withered people. I’m glad they’re no longer trying to hide their naked power-grabs or worry about the propriety of their behavior. Its become so laughably obvious that we’ve been living in comic book villain territory.

14 Likes

Not to mention a thousand 40-year-old right wing judges on all government levels.

12 Likes

Yup. That Susan Sarandon and her posse of stay-at-home “Bernie or Busters” was right! Theres not a whit of difference between Hillary and Trump! Why, Trump might even be preferable!

22 Likes

I’ve said many times, “The constitution will not save us.” Instead, it, and the mythology and reverence associated with it, will be used by the soft fascists as a club to beat legitimate, “small d” democratic opposition into submission.

24 Likes

How about RIGGED elections have consequences.

15 Likes

Do you mean Neil Gorsuch, the forever-tainted and newest Justice who spouts off inappropriately because … he’s just another incredibly ELITE white guy? A Trump “appointee” should be forever smeared as illegal and illegitimate. Piece of trash. Should be shunned by the others, especially that bastion of decency Clarence Thomas, another Republican waste of oxygen.

16 Likes

Fuckers. “But her emails!!”

15 Likes

When T rump is convicted of treason, ALL of his executive orders and judicial appointments should be nullified. How can Republicans possibly admit to letting criminals and foreign enemies run this country?

11 Likes

Your pony really just seems to have a single trick. All hate and rage and epithets rant, no actual substance. Well, okay, two, if you count death threats and expressions of desire to see physical harm inflicted on others as a second trick.

Just saying, it’s really kind of unhealthy. Just my opinion.

38 Likes

And Mitch McConnell smiled…and can’t quit smiling.

1 Like

Democracy can die in daylight, too.

17 Likes

The Bite of Goresuch.
Why Democrats didn’t go to Defcon 1 on this is something I will never, never understand.

6 Likes