Discussion: Supreme Court Declines To Stop Trump Admin's Bump Stock Ban

Traitors. Guess they don’t believe in the 2nd Amendment.

Positive signal for anyone believing in a communities like New York City’s right to create hand gun carry laws.

2 Likes

Amazing. New Zealand takes positive action within 2 weeks of a mass shooting. The good old USA (MAGA after all) takes 18 months.

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers for Smith & Wesson.

2 Likes

IOKIYAR.

And only nixon could go to china…

1 Like

They damned well better not deny me my Javelin…

And my .50 cal Ma Deuce mounted to the bed of my pick-up.
Just sayin’
them deer are pesky to take down ya knows. Takes multiple warheads and a dang fine set of camouflage underwear as well.

3 Likes

I miss my M249 SAW. That thing was a thing of beauty. Pity they don’t let you keep it when you leave the Army.

2 Likes

I like the older weapons. Say WW2 vintage. Like a 1942 model magazine fed (5 shots) Lee Enfield or the newer Winchester 30.6 rifle we saw on “The Rifleman” TV show starring Chuck Conner. Ten shots in 3 seconds. Or the venerable M1 Garand that most every grunt in WW2 knew and loved.
Pheasant hunting was a big deal between me and my dad when I was a teenager. It was I “male bonding thing” I guess but I really loved watching the dogs work a field for birds. That was more fun than the shooting part. Of course the dinner part later that day was fine too.

Granted, good stuff. But the newer things are quite exquisite in their handling!

2 Likes

Gosh, you’d almost think someone on the right on this Supreme Court is having second thoughts about Scalia’s Heller screed.

1 Like

My dad kept his Colt 1911 .45 cal pistol he carried in his plane in WW2. That was the first weapon I learned to use. And I was very sad when he decided to gift it to a close friend of his. It had a strong kick as I recall. It did a wicked fine job on melons and pumpkins.

1 Like

Bump stocks turn a semi-auto into, effectively, a full auto, i.e., machine gun. That is a class of weapon that has been illegal to possess in the US for almost a century, along with any device which converts a semi-auto into a machine gun. The penalties aren’t new, they have been the same for decades. Even the Roberts Court was not going to overturn that, especially with Congress and the Administration defending it.

I expect some of the gun nuts will be mad at Trump over this, but not mad enough to not vote for him in 2020

The action followed a 2017 Las Vegas shooting where bump stocks were used. Fifty-eight people were killed.

OK, I guess it’s time for me to get all passive aggressive on the AP.

Those damned bump stocks and dead people are to blame. Let’s keep putting the focus where it belongs: on them. They should have known better than to have been “used” and “killed.”

Does AP stand for Always Passive?

1 Like

Guess supreme court justices like going to outdoor concerts too.

As I understand the story, this isn’t a decision on the suit itself, but rather on whether the ban should be allowed to take effect while the suit is proceeding.

1 Like