Discussion: Super PAC Backing Rand Paul Stops Raising Money For 'Futile Crusade'

Discussion for article #241177

One more Floater in the TeaParty feeling the tug of the ultimate swirl…

24 Likes

Another Nowhere Man with nowhere to go.

10 Likes

And here Edward Snowden just joined Twitter. I thought for sure he was going to money bomb Paul’s Super PAC back into relevancy. Bad timing.

5 Likes

Drat! I wanted him to run for president until BOTH his campaign efforts–president and reelection to Senate–were beyond reach. Now he will just slink back to make more trouble in “the world’s greatest deliberative body”.

11 Likes

Bankruptcy. This often happens when the children inherit the family business. (In this case running for president)

10 Likes

PurplePAC looks at toilet, figures it’s thrown enough paper in there.

3 Likes

“I wasn’t going to raise money to spend on a futile crusade. … I don’t see the point in it right now.”

Right now? What about back then?

23 Likes

“Libertarian Think Tank Co-Founder Backing Rand Paul Stops Raising Money For ‘Futile Crusade’.”

And founding an institution to convert America to Ayn Rand isn’t a futile crusade?

(Does Ed Crane actually live in his parents’ basement?)

21 Likes

Ed Crane is a bland simulacrum of angry teenage boy drunk on hostility fueled by the opposite sex’s lack of interest. Or a computer simulation thereof. And yes, whichever it is probably lives in it’s parents basement.

7 Likes

I want to grab Rand by the lapels

But I hurt my back and I can’t bend that far…

2 Likes

Time to throw in a real turd — Rand

3 Likes

‘Futile Crusade.’

What’s Trump’s garage band have to do with this?

7 Likes

Ha! Hasta burn. It was only about 2 weeks ago that the Paul campaign forked over something like $200K to the Republican party of Kentucky to switch from a primary ballot to a caucus format. Paul would not be allowed to appear on both a Senate primary ballot and a President primary ballot at the same time (per the KY constitution). So, Paul had the party switch to a caucus, which is far more expensive. Now his campaign is out that money and he is probably dead in the water. Ha ha.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Sorry, honey, but you spelled “futile C-H-A-R-A-D-E” wrong.

2 Likes

What’s the dateline on this story?

29 September 2014?

2 Likes

“I wasn’t going to raise money to spend on a futile crusade. … I don’t see the point in it right now.”

Ouch. That’s gonna leave a mark.

Especially when you consider that Perry’s super PAC continued to run ads for him AFTER he had already resigned from the race.

Just keeping futile in perspective.

5 Likes

Yes, clearly that’s Rand’s problem. He’s not focusing on a sufficiently narrow sub-group of the white, male, conservative demographic. That’s the key to victory, laddie!

6 Likes

$250K, with a promise to give more at a future date. They actually got quite pissed because he promised the $250K and then didn’t make the money transfer, so they threatened to leave the election as is. He promptly ponied up the money with the promise for more if it costs more (which it will…estimates are between $500K-$750K).

That actually is probably the least of his worries though, to be honest. Having his campaign manager under federal indictment is a much bigger concern.

Or having the other guy under indictment for the same crime also under investigation for burglarly

Those type of things have a real negative impact on the campaign’s morale.

4 Likes