Discussion: Study: 10.3 Million Uninsured Were Covered By Obamacare

Discussion for article #225464

I blame Obama.

12 Likes

OMG!!!

How did they manage to escape the death panels?

8 Likes

Except yesterday or the day before there was a story here at TPM that the NEJM said 20 million were covered

1 Like

Wow!! so together that’s 30 Million people!!!

3 Likes

It would be helpful to add some statistics about how many lives that saves on an annual basis (i.e. how many people per 100,000 without insurance die from otherwise treatable conditions versus people with insurance).

I’m always amused, and sickened, by how the “pro-life” right ignores the fact that their repeal position on Obamacare would literally cause thousands of people, mostly between the ages of 18 and 64, to die unnecessarily.

4 Likes

They are not pro life they are pro birth. And they are assholes.

9 Likes

They are saying that 20 million people received new insurance policies through either the individual market (whether on the exchanges or directly with insurers), by staying one their parents’ plans, or through the expansion of Medicaid. Of those, 10.3 million previously did not have insurance.

The reason for the new policies for people who already had existing policies was likely that the old policies lacked certain types of coverage now required or included coverage limits that are now prohibited.

In other words, 20 million people* have directly benefited from Obamacare by either gaining insurance coverage, receiving a better policy, and/or a subsidized policy.

*There probably are several hundred thousand in this group paying more now.

7 Likes

They aren’t necessarily pro-birth (if there are complications and medical help is needed). They are pro-conception.

2 Likes

You just know if Shitburner had not gotten his worthless ass banned, he’d be in here screaming " No it dosn’t! No it doesn’t!"

Then he’d cry for mommie.

3 Likes

It must have been Benghazi!!!

2 Likes

or, in beej speak

30 millions peoples

2 Likes

Which one, libs or drail? Both are having a time-out.

5 Likes

He goes by many different names. (He’s like Gandalf that way.) But they’re all Beej.

2 Likes

Good Troll, Bad Troll?

2 Likes

On an ordinary day, but he might not make it out of the gun-story thickets today. Jacking those threads seems like a real labor of love with him, where the Obama-bashing always seems one notch more obligatory, almost perfunctory.

1 Like

John Boner and his Tea Potty friends won’t be happy until the number of uninsured Americans exceeds 100 Million.

It’s just un-American for US citizens to see doctors and stuff.

2 Likes

If he was ever a good troll I must have been absent that day. Most of the time he just reminds you how much people can suck. That’s why they started calling these people “trolls,” I suppose.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Time out. LOL!!!

2 Likes