Discussion: Students Upset Over School Admin's Alleged Racial 'Worst Nightmare' Tweet

If the provocative photo was 7 white men and 7 black women, would the reaction be the same?

people get way too worked up over likes and RTs. Feel like i saw this pic a while back.

What are the chances a black kid made this meme? Probably somewhat high as I could see it being a joke to them in the light of how they are banging the white chicks and their dads must be mad.

Not everything is intended to be as malicious as people turn it into.

A bit of a tangent, JJ, but if you don’t think MSNBC has been solid on Ferguson you’re watching the wrong MSNBC. The one I watch (never before 2pm except on the weekend) has had people on the ground there from the beginning, regularly talks to residents, organizers and local political officials, features the routine legal demolition of the prosecutor’s process and the PD’s bs, and has generally done great work. Never mistake the MSNBC of Scarborough, Todd and Mitchell for the MSNBC of Reid, Hayes and Harris-Perry (eg).

Carry on.

3 Likes

It seems that the best thing that can happen is that it’s the fastest way to completely lose faith in humanity, not just by the sheer number of idiots (which you can easily find out by reading comments pretty much anywhere), but due to the stupidity manifested in people you thought you admired.

I agree. Chris Hayes, Reid, Kornacke, these guys and others at MSNBC are top notch. They do their homework and they really care about what they are doing. They are not trying to shill the audience.

1 Like

On twitter? You must be joking.

Willfully stupid is still available…

1 Like

Social media is flypaper for morons.

1 Like

I’m kinda hoping for seriously snarky.

A careful reading of his post would support seriously snarky. Oh, being familiar with the poster, also, supports it.

I think I’ll go with door #3! (Hard to see how anyone could take that one seriously, if you actually read it. It may not have been that funny, but still…)