Discussion: STILL NOT NORMAL: Why Trump's Presser Was So Jarring

I’d love to believe that, but how many times have we thought that before?

1 Like

Trump appeared no closer to adhering to the norms …

…nor having any real answers…

Interesting to listen to conserative co-workers bitch about how everything Donald does or doesn’t do is being questioned knowing all the rehashing they loved doing about Hillary that had been repeatedly disproved.

Also interesting how they are anticipating the markets to just go through the roof.

Will be interesting to see what they do if he crashes things worse than Bush…yea I know they won’t think it’s his fault but still…I’ll know…not that it will help me out …

I suppose his twisted reasoning is that even though he is terrified of germs he risked being exposed by having all that unprotected sex. Ergo he was risking his life as if he were a soldier in Viet Nam. The man is beyond disgusting.

4 Likes

The timestamp is 7:34 PM, not 3:00 AM, so I’d guess “fake”. But it’s only a guess.

Trump’s inauguration speech will actually be plagiarized from this 2011 Wondermark strip:

1 Like

Can we just send Trump back to Russia where he came?

The Donald Trump who took questions from reporters Tuesday in his first press conference as President-elect was the same combative, short-fingered temper the American public saw on the 2016 campaign trail, down to the red power tie.

Corrected.

1 Like

And without the first name of “Abby,” at that…

1 Like

You had to go and bring up micturation.

For good reason!

1 Like

This idiot brought a cheering section to a press conference. How idiotic is that!
Then a table full of “documents”; but reporters were chased away when they tried to look at them - so they were probably blank papers - how idiotic is that!
The Don spoke - how idiotic that turned out to be!!!

1 Like

“He’s fucked himself so many times now and he’s not even aware of it.”

But this time - to announce to the world that Dubai offered him a $2 billion “bribe” - and apparently that wasn’t enough… That IS something

1 Like

Tell me how you got here, because I’m a fucking bundle of nerves.

2 Likes

“CNN reported that the press was not allowed to take a closer look at the documents. The Associated Press similarly reported that Trump staffers blocked journalists from looking at the folders.”

1 Like

Agreed. I’m not saying it will never happen. I’m just not getting my hopes up anymore. I’ll be stoked when I see it happen. Until then, trying to apply logic to this fiasco is just too frustrating.

1 Like

They get to gerrymander and appoint, so no.

I’ve been reading obits for the GOP for at least the last 8 years, almost all of them some variations of “This time they’ll be seen has having gone completely batshit, it’ll be OBVIOUS and that’ll be the death of them.” Oh, and demographics, also too.

Not holding my breath.

[Hmmmmm…][1]

Les Moonves, President of CBS, speaking at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference in San Francisco in late February of this year.

Man, who would have expected the ride we’re all having right now? … The money’s rolling in and this is fun.

I’ve never seen anything like this, and this going to be a very good year for us. Sorry. It’s a terrible thing to say. But, bring it on, Donald. Keep going.

It may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS.

Just one reason.
[1]: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leslie-moonves-donald-trump-may-871464

1 Like

@anon37557014 -

• I’m sorry I didn’t see your response to my comment about laughing more than shaking. I’m not sure how I did it, it just kind of happened. It started Sunday night and this has been the best week for me since Nov.

I feel like he’s boxed in going into office. He’s going in under such a cloud. I can’t say that bad things aren’t going to happen but I do believe that laughing at him is the meanest thing anyone can do to him.

1 Like

I don’t think you guys get it. We are in deep shit! There is nothing here to joke about, this is serious now. We are in trouble as a nation. He can control anything and obviously wants
real power! Expect the worse and hope for the best. He may foment a revolution! He wants power to prove that he can be great, and don’t get in the way! Think Hitler.

I don’t believe for even one minute that Donald Trump has any “policy vision” to lay out, or any intention of providing one. Instead he’s leaving the policy decisions to his billionaire friends in the cabinet and the Teabagelical Republicans in Congress. All of whom it would seem prefer to tear down every worthwhile thing we have achieved in the last 80 years rather than building on these accomplishments.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available