Discussion: Steve Scalise Announces Bid For Majority Leader

Discussion for article #241156

So who is angling for the Whip position? It seems pretty clear that McCarthy is going to have one knife at his back in the Majority position, but will it be two?

3 Likes

So the Republicans are going to make a kluxer the House Majority Leader. How very special.

12 Likes

Great speech! Comprehensive! On message! Hit all the talking points, buzzwords and trash talking of the president we’ve come to expect with just a touch of sincerity.

6 Likes

Now they’ll be possibly led in Congress by an actual racist, while their leading presidential nominee spouts xenophobia and birtherisms.

That outreach program is proceeding apace.

5 Likes

Sorry, but I can’t take these Tea Partiers seriously unless they give the job to Louie Gohmert (R-Mars).

9 Likes

I knew he’d toss his sheet into the ring…

14 Likes

HOW darE YOU SIR. HAVE YOU NOw SHAME? GOHMert IS THE MOst LEVEL-Headed CONServatIVE sINCE JESus!!!one!1!!!

4 Likes

HMMMMM, another one throws their HAT into the rink. How many does this one make? Watch-out Donald may decide to join you, HE according to HIMSELF can do anything he wants.

1 Like

this was a whole “devil you know” sort of thing. At least, we knew Boehner and what he was, and stood for. Now, the sewers have opened, and who knows what sort of piece of crap is going to roll out.

1 Like

Who knew there were Italian-American Klansmen? They must have been loosening their admission standards.

McCarthy is considered one of the dimmest bulbs of the many that currently sit in the House, and clearly he fell asleep at the foreign policy tutorials he was required to sit through.

“We must engage this war of radical Islam if our life depended on it because it does.”

“I have visited Poland, Hungria, [sic] Estonia,” he said, and also “visited in our, uh, the allies in the Arab Gulf.”

He lamented that “we have isolated Israel while bolding places like Iran.” He blamed President Obama’s White House for “putting us in tough decisions for the future,” but he voiced hope that a “safe zone would create a stem the flow of refugees.

4 Likes

Announcing you’re running for the majoritu leader spot by beginning it with “You don’t need me…” Not a good start, Steve.

1 Like

If the Republicans had a coin that truly represented who they are, Scalise’s face would be on it.

1 Like

If Scalise becomes the Speaker, the GOP is going all-in for a fascist, authoritarian state.

1 Like

My guess is, depending on how the races for #2 and #3 pan out, is he won’t be Speaker for long. Like, tossed aside in the new elections in January.

David Duke without the baggage. When Fascism comes to America. White Supremacist wants to become Majority Leader of the House of Representatives.

Sick, sick shit.

What fucking year is it??? “Inclusive approach” huh? And where are the fucking so-called journalists reporting on this guy’s exclusionary and racist affinities?

Just Disgusting.

A week of reporting on the Pope with the exact opposite message, and then we get this…

This is Complete Bullshit.

4 Likes

Be very afraid if “Her Scalise” gets the position making him 2nd in succession to the Presidency.
The 2nd most powerful political position in the USA.
Echos of 1932 Germany? His politics are about the same…
Scalise is a very dangerous sociopath, absolutely ruthless and completely narcissistic.

Soooo, no change?

1 Like