Discussion: Sterling: I'm Sorry, Also "I'm not a racist."

Discussion for article #222634

"For the last 20 years, I've been seeing attorneys for a divorce," she said. "In fact, I have here — I just filed — I was going to file the petition. I signed the petition for a divorce. And it came to almost being filed. And then, my financial adviser and my attorney said to me, 'Not now.'"

So the difference between you and V. Stiviano would be… what?

2 Likes

Dear NBA,

Please get these F’ing people off my screen A.S.A.P.

Thank you,
Squirreltown

2 Likes

This is what will happen if the Sterlings fight to keep the Clippers:

Instead of selling the club today for $1Billion+, by next season most of their players (along with Doc. Rivers) will petition the league to void their contracts. Most, if not all, their sponsors will bail, and NO free agents will consider the Clippers. So instead of a billion dollar profit, they will be the proud owners of a last place team, losing revenue, and seeing their asset value cut in half…

So I’d kinda like to see them fight to keep the Clippers…

2 Likes

This was a media created story from a private conversation between Sterling and Stiviano. The only people who profited from this was the news media.

@JimEllis

I agree with you, but what I’m curious about is who would be desperate enough to play on this team that will be in last place? Quite frankly, I see only empty uniforms in those empty lockers in the dressing rooms. But if either of these two think they have a snowball’s chance in hell of holding on, this ought to be good kabuki theater.

1 Like

Problem solved! You hear that NAACP? It’s all better now, you can mail the plaque!

1 Like

Fine. Let them not sell. What if the league just disbanded the Clippers, exported all the players to other teams in a dispersion draft and award a new franchise to Los Angeles. Have an agreement that all dispersed players would return to the new team in an “expansion draft”.

1 Like

I read that if the team were sold tomorrow for a billion dollars, the taxes could be $400 millions. So the Sterlings don’t have that much to lose or am I reading it wrong?

1 Like

Donald Sterling: I’m not a racist.

Of course you aren’t. And Richard Nixon is not a crook.

1 Like

Now, now, don’t be cynical. I’m sure Sterling’s lawyer and/or media consultant made some money out of this too.

1 Like

What, no apology for the years and years of racist behavior, including illegally discriminating against people of color in his business dealings? No? Just apologies for the words? I think you know where you can stick your “apology” Sterling.

2 Likes

This whole incident points to an issue that should be addressed. That is, many white male people have thoughts like those expressed by Sterling. Can science find a way to either predict or infer the thoughts of these people? That would allow us to root out all racist overt and covert behavior and provide the necessary punishment.

Sir you may not be a ‘‘racist’’ and you may even be ‘‘sorry’’, but no one cares nor does anyone want to be associated with you, go away. PLEASE

1 Like

Bullshit. The NBA profits by losing an owner who openly denigrates people of color – not just in this instance but in past instances that should have been dealt with in much harsher terms. This asshole couldn’t dodge this bullet, and his “fauxpology” (“I made a mistake, but the bitch set me up”!) ain’t gonna get it.

1 Like

And take your gold-digging, not-quite-ex-wife (until she gets the “proper” financial compensation) with you!

1 Like

“…If the owners feel I have another chance, then they’ll give it to me…”

Gaming America, the 1% way.

" I’m emotionally distraught " . Oh dear .