Discussion: State Dept. Officials Accused Of Retaliation Handle Internal 'Dissent Channel'

3 Likes

Turns out it was Rex’s entry in the Dissent Channel that was the last straw…:rofl:

24 Likes

What next, Harvey Weinstein taking calls on the Harassment Hotline?

26 Likes

This is why the D’s MUST take back the House. Only the House can conduct the needed oversight.

23 Likes

At this point, I welcome our Robot Overlords…at least there will be modicum of fairness while we all march into the meat grinder.

6 Likes

Worst President Ever or Most Corrupt Administration Ever? So hard to make choices. OK, I’ll go with both.

23 Likes

Well he is eminently qualified on the topic.

2 Likes

Can only hope that every government worker who has been removed, transferred, harassed by Trump and his bunch comes forward and get reinstated or compensation.

8 Likes

This reminds me of the last corporation I worked at. There were yearly “confidential” surveys and the call for employees to communicate directly with top management when they thought there were problems with how national policies were affecting local operations.

I got so frustrated with some of the completely counterproductive policies that were destroying staff morale (I was in middle management) that I actually wrote such an email to the CEO. Let’s just say it did not go well.

Just so you know, that is how stupid I am. Must be because I am a bed-wetting librul.

20 Likes

4 Likes

Personal loyalty to trump rather than the Constitution is straight out of 1930’s Germany.

23 Likes

How quaintly 1984ish.

9 Likes

Or, you know, Russia, circa 2018.

15 Likes

Well it certainly took pit stops along the way, see the Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Bush and Trump White houses…

3 Likes

When people are judged by what they believe instead of their job performance and ideologues run all administrative posts, all good ideas are lost and no compromise is possible.

The Republican party has no ideas - all it has is ideology

10 Likes

Er, not that legality/illegality matters to the Trumpistas, but depending on how this “Dissent Channel” is described internally, it may well be illegal to take retaliatory actions against those voicing complaints.

7 Likes

“I have here in my hand a list of 205 [State Department employees] that were known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of the State Department.”

For those of you too young to remember back that far, these were the words of Joseph McCarthy, then Republican Senator from Wisconsin, delivered Feb. 9, 1950, before the Ohio County Women’s Republican Club in Wheeling, West Virginia. Over the next few weeks, that number also became 57, 81, and 10 (Joe, like most members of today’s GOP was a little “flexible” with his “facts.”)

And note the parallels between the witch hunts during McCarthy’s day and those going on in the State Department today. A single individual is singled out in a “note” from Newt Gingrich as “not one of our team.”

Then she finds herself the subject of a hit piece on a small pro Trump, alt-right website and of course it then gets picked up by the usual suspects - Breitbart, Hannity, Alex Jones, Rush and before long the subject of the attack finds herself trying to defend her work and her career against invisible and very nasty forces bent on “cleansing” the current administration of secret agents, dark state actors, disloyalists.

Nearly seven decades later, and the forces that spawned Joe McCarthy how now brought us his own spawn, using the same tactics that destroyed the lives and careers of literally thousands of Americans in the name of “loyalty and patriotism.”

24 Likes

And the irony is that the perpetrators of this particular disaster are, in fact, agents of a hostile foreign power, and that power is: Russia.

If someone wrote this shite as fiction, no one would accept it.

18 Likes

Trump has successfully installed his “Political Officers” in all positions required to oversee the Bureaucracy and root out any Dis-Loyal “career” bureaucrats.

Just like his hero Putin does.

10 Likes

I’ve done that too. You say something’s not ideal, and people come up to you privately and say “That needed to be said.” But they keep their heads down, you yourself get branded as a troublemaking non-team player, and eventually you move on to some place where excellence and improvement where possible are actually encouraged.

10 Likes