Discussion: St. Louis Archbishop Says He Didn't Know Having Sex With Children Is A Crime (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #223753

Wow! Wow! Wow!. Does he really think anyone would believe this b/s.

4 Likes

So why didn’t the Judge say: well, you disgusting rapist, I guess that is why you will be in prison for the rest of your life. You just don’t seem sure of what is right and wrong, eh?

I wonder why GOD wasn’t talking to this self-centered piece of garbage? Because I thought he knew what was right or wrong.

Is this gigantic fucking phony telling us he actually isn’t communicating with God? Is that the final message. “I have no idea what is right or wrong.” That’s what I heard. Pathetic.

7 Likes

WTF?
This is the very definition of criminal complicity feigning ignorance, in his holier-than-thou robes no less. I feel sorry for anyone that ever took religious advice or guidance from this fucking monster. Aiding and abetting criminal acts are reason enough to put this monster behind bars.

7 Likes

This is utter BULL SH!T

1 Like

I guess this child rape enabler thought he was protecting the Church when he buried allegations of sex abuse by members of his clergy. It turns out he is 0 for 3. He didn’t protect the children. He didn’t protect the Church. He brought eternal shame to himself and the others who placed their cushy jobs above the lives entrusted to his care. Put the bastard in jail. He is an accessory after the fact.

5 Likes

When you are an atheist, you are pretty much required to develop a system of values that can stand on its own. Although some people of faith would like you to believe otherwise, simply adopting a faith and wearing the robe does not require you to adopt those values - hence cafeteria Catholics ( and cafeteria what-ever-else). In fact it relieves you of the guilt/burden of not adopting values since you can point to the robe and say - See! So that is how you get people like this. Weak at heart, and morally corrupt.

5 Likes

It should be noted that during the Three Hour deposition he stated 194 times that he “did not remember anything” about the abuse of children. Which, of course is understandable because for 10 years THAT WAS HIS JOB. Dealing with accusations of abuse by the clergy for the archdiocese of Saint Paul, MN.
Carlson served on the personnel board of the archdiocese from about 1973 through at least 1977. He also served as chancellor and then auxiliary bishop from 1984 to 1994.
I think there is a term for this kind of behavior in a deposition: Lying Sack of Shit.

6 Likes

These hypocrites: “Women using birth control, that’s black and white wrong, but force-ably penetrating a 12 year old boys anus, …, well, let’s call it a grey area.”

6 Likes

The only reason I tried to cover up that illegal activity was because I didn’t know that it was illegal in the first place, so therefore I didn’t do anything illegal.

It’s the D’Souza defense!

3 Likes

Watching Southpark becomes less and less funny the more these tales are told. You realize that the most scathing satire is only a shadow of the reality on the inside.

I’m surprised he didn’t answer, “I realized it was a crime 3 months after is was removed from the list of available employment benefits.”

1 Like

That book he reads didn’t tell him this? I thought it defined morality.

1 Like

Hey God!

How 'bout a bunch of well placed lightning bolts and greasy spots ?

2 Likes

Put him in a cell overnight with Bubba…and I’m certain his feigned ignorance will disappear.

2 Likes

Thus is revealed the weakness of religion. Most of what is preached is to be accepted on faith. With no solid answers or evidence as reference one can only rely on ones thoughts. These in turn are, by nature, self serving. Add the position of power, and it is only a matter of time before the hierarchy is corrupted. After all, who wants to mess up a good gig?

That is exactly how I explained it to my friend, who thought my atheism meant that I “Didn’t believe in anything”. I told her that no it just meant that I don’t believe you should need the option of eternal reward or punishment as your motivation do the right thing. The fact that this guy HAS the threat of eternal damnation hanging over him as part of his belief system, and still could say this? Jeez Louise.

6 Likes

Burn him.
He’s a witch.

jw1

6 Likes

What’s more, I don’t need a government law book to tell me that an adult having sex with a child is wrong! I appear to have been born with neural pathways that developed something called empathy and protective instinct toward the younger members of my species.

There’s a scene in August Osage County where I was cheering for the shovel!

1 Like

Really, Archbishop? Really? I’m not sure smacking around your stupid face is a crime, I know that assault is. In your branch of religion you yourself are prohibited from having sex with a willing and consenting woman and you can’t tell if having sex with a child is a crime or not?

3 Likes

I bet he didn’t know taking money from the church coffers was a crime.