Discussion: Spike Lee Calls Out Trump For Not Saying 'We're Better Than' Charlottesville Rally

“It was a defining moment and he could have said to the United States and the world that we’re better than that,” said Lee.

What, and tell another lie?

***WE. ARE. NOT. BETTER. THAN. THAT.***

OK? Get it through your thick skulls.
3 Likes

I think people citing what Trump should have done are wasting everyone’s time. It’s not that I disagree. I just think the story isn’t about Trump any more. The story is about the people who continue to support him in spite of all the bad decisions he’s made and the lies he’s told and the things he “should” have said.

Saying Trump “should” do something puts everyone in the frame of mind that he might change. He won’t.

6 Likes

In 1989 when Do the right thing was introduced Joe Klein then at NY Magazine said that it might cause riots. Years later he apologized. Now we’re at a point where Lee has to call out the president of the United States for engendering and condoning Neo Nazis rioting and causing a woman’s death.

5 Likes

Yeah, we’re also not about love, not hate.

Sorry, Spike.

1 Like

Are we though? Are we really better than Charlottesville? We seem to keep having these racial issues with whites vigorously arguing anything other than racism when it’s as clear as the nose on our faces.

I wish we were better than Charlottesville. As a nation, I know we CAN be better, I’m just not convinced we are.

3 Likes

Spike Lee is obviously a traitor and a coward who is trying to shiv Donald Trump with a Fake Movie.

2 Likes

Aspirations. Baby steps.

The Civil Rights Act was in 1964. 54 years later we’re shooting black people in cold blood for malfunctioning turn signal bulbs.

Baby steps ain’t getting it.

1 Like

“It was a defining moment and he could have said to the United States and the world that we’re better than that,” said Lee.

We are better than that, but Donald and his supporters are not. Sorry Spike.

Something, something “Look Kanye!” “Why is Spike on the plantation?”