Discussion: <span style="line-height: 1em;">'We Got Played': CNN Goes Off On Trump's 'Rick Roll' After Birther Debacle

They’re like a bumpkin from Nebraska in New York City for the first time, conned by the 3-card monte guy.

59 Likes

So, maybe, then, don’t run him live. From now on only put him on a 10 minute tape delay and wait for him to do something newsworthy.

66 Likes

CNN, You’re not known as the Comedy News Network for nothing. Today was a perfect example…

24 Likes

Ya big surprise. You’re a collection of fucking morons that have been played for the last two years.
Looks good on you, assholes.
Like it says in 2 Corinthians " as ye sow so shall ye reap "

Here’s something that might interest you

62 Likes

Putzes, every last one of them.

9 Likes

They should win a Putzizer prize!

29 Likes

Well, good for CNN on owning up to their stupidity, but the real question is what they will say about it every time it happens again.

25 Likes

Hopefully he won’t get any closer to the White House than the Grand Ballroom of Trump Hotel.

31 Likes

“So I really don’t quite know what to make of that except for that we got played again by the Trump campaign, which is what they do. He got a live event broadcast for, what, 20 something minutes,” King said. “We just got played.”

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me 100 times and…

50 Likes

Beat me by about 10 seconds. Well played.

4 Likes

What a bunch of dummies. They’ve been playing his game all along and today they could no longer pretend that his manipulation of them was “real news”…

Well, suckers, congratulations.

Of course, tomorrow they’ll all be slavering after him again.

15 Likes

Somebody wake me when the media decides to call trump on his lies…they all got what the deserved here

28 Likes

But how many ads was CNN able to show before, during, and after that 20 minute debacle?
That’s the whole point of the “news”, isn’t it?

31 Likes

Is there a section on ethics in there?

7 Likes

And yet you have a paid Trump puppet on your staff.

Who’s more deplorable, Trump, his supporters, or CNN?

25 Likes

There sure isn’t one on poker playing, if that’s the one CNN uses…

3 Likes

This is nothing new. Trump has engaged in the Vaudevillian Bait & Switch for over a year now and the press falls for it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

It’s like they have Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to Trump.

23 Likes

You let this happen. NO sympathy here

12 Likes

“we got played again” and again, and again.

You only have yourselves to blame.

15 Likes