Discussion: <span class="s1">Rand Paul On Whether Obama Loves America: ‘Mistake To Question People’s Motives’

Discussion for article #233511

Of course, this doesn’t make sense. The President’s motives? What does this even mean?

2 Likes

Once again Rand Paul shows it’s not hard to rise above the level of civility of the rest of the GOP.

He’ll never get the nomination talking like that though.

9 Likes

Sorry, but how is this any different from Jeb, who also refused to say that Obama loves America. Paul never said it was a mistake “to question whether President Obama loves America” he said it was a “mistake to question [Obama’s] motives”, which is the same as a non-apology aplogy. Rand Paul, like Jeb Bush, like Jindal and Walker and the creep Giuliani all won’t say if Obama loves this country that he has spent a life time honoring and working to make a better place.

All of these guys, Rand Paul included, are all cowards.

17 Likes

… when Rand Paul (aka “crazy ultra libertarian dude”) appears to be the closest thing to the voice of reason among the GOP candidates, you know the GOP Party has a god awful problem in their hands…

11 Likes

America:

8 Likes

“I try not to question the president’s motives as being a good American or a bad American,”

Whether intentionally or not, Brave Sir Randy(1) appears to have inserted a “jury’s still out” connotation in his statement

(1)When Danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.*

12 Likes

Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat
Oh the bravest of the brave SirRandy

(He’ll even leave his burger behind).

12 Likes

A quick cursory reading of Randy’s remarks would seem to indicate he’s on the correct side of this issue, i.e. the president loves his country, but reading it over you see he’s not saying that all. He wants to have it several ways at once.

10 Likes

Day late and a dollar short, pin-head!

Motives?

WTF???

3 Likes

And yet he can only call Rudy’s claims “a mistake” as if it was a matter of the strategy being wrong and not Rudy’s statement. Then he said, “I try not to question the president’s motives as being a good American or a bad American” as if it wasn’t easy for him to consider Obama to love America.

I wouldn’t really call this “rising above”. I would call it “covering his ass”.

8 Likes

In other words, I don’t know if he loves or hates America.

1 Like

To be fair, it’s not Rand Paul who owes an apology, any more than the President would owe an apology for an asinine statement made by some Democrat. Frankly, who cares what a complete has-been like Giuliani thinks?

1 Like

Re: Motives

Rand was simply plagiarizing Jeb’s words from a few days ago. He’s known for that sort of thing.

5 Likes

Exactly. I’ll give him credit for doing what Jeb tried to do better than Jeb did it, but what he’s really saying here is “listen up fellow crazy-people. In order to become your president and give you the benefits of liberty and bitcoins and weed, I must obtain the votes of misguided people who don’t understand that Obama is the incarnation of evil, so work with me here.”

That’s not the high road. But it’s what passes for the sly road among the simple, salt of the Earth folk in the Republican base.

8 Likes

To all of those so-called politicians questioning the President’s ‘love for America’ - What effing nerve and arrogance to even utter those words.
Your parents would be ashamed of you.

3 Likes

Paul is right, the different parties are expected to disagree, but on policy not love of country. This GOP/Talk Radio/Fox News approach to politics has to end or America will descend into chaos.

3 Likes

Motives? Nice try asshat. Would it kill these guys to just come out and say it: of course the President loves America? Pathetic.

2 Likes

How the hell is this stuff even an issue? I realize that we’re talking about the Right here, but this has to be the stupidest issue. Do they want Obama to fondle the Statue of Liberty or something?

3 Likes