Discussion: <span class="s1">Deputy: Ariz. Sheriff Joe Arpaio Told Me To Disobey Federal Court Order

Discussion for article #235571

As a Native Arizonan, it comes as no surprise to me that O’l Joe would willfully defy a Federal Court… Arpaio is the walking embodiment of arrogance and hubris…

12 Likes

It’s about time arpaio spends some time in one of his tent cities!

6 Likes

Arpaio is the most famous Sheriff in America thanks to his grandstanding and media attention. Now his authoritarian policies will come to bite him in the ass. I’m sure once the court starts digging deeper they will find even more lawbreaking and malfeasance. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

7 Likes

“Law enforcement officer disobeys the law. In other news, grass is green.”

3 Likes

Of course he did!

This clown thinks he rules his fiefdom! No laws pertain to him!

HA! HA! I can’t wait to see him in his own pink undies…

3 Likes

I’d like to see Arpaio publicly frog-marched in shackles and a pink jumpsuit to his little paradise on earth, with green baloney sandwiches and all the amenities.

12 Likes

What’s the odd’s that Arpaio will suddenly to decide to retire, citing family or health problems?

4 Likes

More likely he will suddenly retire due to being dead. He’s in his 80s.

1 Like

…Making the Arpaio look good…

Calling TomCruise! Calling TomCruise.
An ImpossibleMission in Arizona just called.

Yep, PETA this is the guy with whom you chose to climb into bed. I hope it works out about as well as that scene in Trainspotting.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard about that what is PETA doing with him?

1 Like

PETA is idiotically partnering with Arpaio because his jail system is now meat-free. Basically, he’s starving his inmates and pretending this move is about teaching people healthy choices when it’s really about saving money and further punishing people who may or may not have even been convicted of a crime. Here’s a piece from Think Progress: http://thinkprogress.org/immigration/2015/04/15/3646993/lettuce-leave-pam-anderson-and-arpaio-to-ham-it-up/

5 Likes

That it’s our duty to make the sheriff look good to the media and the public,

So, that means they never did their jobs since I’ve yet to see that pussbucket look good by any standard.

1 Like

Gee, someone is acting mighty lawless.

ETA: WTF is with the 4 stars? He must be big on cosplay.

2 Likes

charge him with criminal contemp and put hi in jail.

1 Like

Joe should be wearing some of his favorite clothing, pink…

1 Like

I was wondering about the four-star thing too. Funny how all these authoritarians apparently have the time to design their own special uniforms.

2 Likes

Arpiao has admitted in public he defied a court order with regard to immigration and his neighborhood canvasing actions. So he is also in contempt of court.

1 Like

He should be jailed for contempt of court.

1 Like