Discussion: Some GOP Lawmakers Fear Repealing Obamacare Without A Replacement

1 Like

Too late ! —

" No one told us we should of checked the brakes first ! "

12 Likes

. The goal is to have a repeal bill on President-elect Trump’s desk by the end of February.

(Hahaha)

9 Likes

Not scientific, but warms the cockles (and mussels) of my heart, nonetheless.

With Republicans convinced they need to repeal Obamacare ASAP but unsure of how they want to replace it, Rep. Marsha Blackburn issued a public plea for help on Tuesday. The Tennessee Republican—and member of President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team—asked the Twitter masses to take a poll on whether they like the law. Turns out Blackburn’s followers are pretty big fans of the Affordable Care Act, with 84 percent of the 7,968 votes opposing a repeal of Obamacare.

22 Likes

Let’s hope that the ethics fiasco is a harbinger …

I’m hoping that with their first few attempts at " working " …

This new Congress can pull ALL the shelves down upon themselves —

18 Likes

My first thought exactly. Great minds… :grin:

7 Likes

Unlike a lot of what congress does, ACA repeal will cause real losses to millions of people. And losing insurance coverage is a huge deal. The GOP is counting on people affected by loss of insurance or in a loss of the consumer protections the law provides just shrugging and blaming Obama for their pain. Seems like a long shot, but who knows?

9 Likes

This is a good reminder that Republicans can’t govern for shit.
They’ve had SIX fucking years to have a plan ON DAY ONE. They campaigned on this. Theyve BEEN campaigning on this for years.
It would almost be funny but this is a real serious issue for many of us. Wish they would stop playing games with this

18 Likes

The smart solution for Republicans: Replace Obamacare with Medicare for all.

If they only repeal Obamacare, Republicans will lose the House and Senate in a landslide to the inept Democrats in 2018.

5 Likes

“There will be several steps,” Brady told TPM.

11 Likes

You vote Republican, you deserve Republican made crisis and financial collapse. Remember Bush!

6 Likes

Since Hillary was First Lady to be precise.

Smart = sexy

9 Likes

Rethugs can’t replace the ACA with something different because it IS their plan. Just ask Mittens.

8 Likes

the insurance market to devolve into chaos.

O, and it will be glorious!

Dear Dems: this is the first line of the script that you should be blaring loudly and repeatedly. It could be the first card on a devastating 30-second ad that you should be filming right now (but you’re Democrats, so we know you’re not, opting to have toothless threats from Chucky Schumer [really?]).

Oh, and by the way: start commending Ser Paul Ryan on his vow to refund anyone who gets a penalty for not buying healthcare. That should catch him off guard.

6 Likes

There was a huge blog post from the conservative healthcare experts at American Enterprise Institute yesterday, powerfully warning the Republicans not to repeal and delay. Struck me as pretty significant.

https://www.aei.org/publication/the-problems-with-repeal-and-delay/

6 Likes

“I’m still with her, and you’re stuck with stupid.”

That’s my motto.

12 Likes

The smartest thing they could do for now is repeal the stuff they have been campaignig against which is not really in the ACA. Then Congressmen could go home and say, “Well, we abolished the death panels just as soon as we could.” Also, “We totally re-wrote the law to make it exactly like RomneyCare until we have a chance to further study the issue.” If people are gullible enough to vote for Trump, it doesn’t take much to fool them.

6 Likes

The GOP replacement for Obamacare already exists: die quickly.

6 Likes

There is no plan. You can’t transition to something that doesn’t exist. You are just taking a leap into the unknown.
It is time to start screaming, “Show us the plan”. Trump promised a better plan, but he’s got nothing.

5 Likes

I couldn’t fix the brakes so I made the horn louder…Stephen Wright

11 Likes