Discussion: Shutdown Threat Looms: Senate Dems Stiffen Spines, House In Chaos

1 Like

“House in Chaos” – Are we really supposed to consider this a shocking assessment?

37 Likes

No, but Dems stiffen spines is. Let’s hope that they hold them stiff.

16 Likes

If Ryan and McConnell were American Congressional leaders and not servile Trump lackeys, they’d insert the CHIP and DACA authorizing provisions in the budget and call for floor votes. The bill would pass both houses of Congress and they know it. They also know Trump is likely to sign such a bill and then claim all the credit. Instead, Ryan and McConnell have decided they don’t care about our country and place Trump and his toothless threats above us all.

November can’t come soon enough.

48 Likes

*"The reality is the Republicans have the majority in the House and Senate, and the White House.”

Maybe they are starting to figure out that their fraud of a potus is not an asset.

20 Likes

Senate rules can be changed at any time by simple majority. Republicans do not require any Democratic votes at all, but they are liars of necessity who like the 60 vote rule just fine. Their ideas are so universally bad that not even a majority of House Republicans support them. Senate rules make it convenient to obscure this fact.

Democrats and the rest of us should stop :stop_sign: lending this fallacy credence.

12 Likes

You fellas need proportional representation.

3 Likes

Trump: Take as many hostages as necessary to get our way.
Ryan: Hostage taking only works if the Dems will pay the ransom.
Trump: That means the Dems are the real hostage takers!!
Ryan: I don’t think the public is going to buy that.
Trump: Then we’re the ones who really care about kids and Dreamers.
Ryan: But we’re the ones who took them hostage, right?!
Trump: Blame the Dems anyway!
Ryan: Please shoot me now …

22 Likes

“And Republicans are bracing to get blamed for the fallout if that happens.”

Captain Pauli (in panicked scream while wetting pants): “Brace for impact!!!”

22 Likes

Repeal and Replace Paul Ryan.

22 Likes

So about having all those votes in the House, Paul - that was just more empty bluster, wasn’t it? And from such an empty suit.

14 Likes

Eddie, you are without any doubt at all, the most pathetic Speaker of the House in my lifetime.

28 Likes

Ryan still goes by the Hastert rule. I wish the public would be continually reminded that the House still uses the rule named after a Republican pedophile.

28 Likes

Republicans can only govern with the hammer meaning they have no idea how to compromise or respect someone else’s positions on issues.

Only now they’re turning the hammer on each other instead of on Dems. This thing is going to get bloody.

13 Likes

Nelson and Donnelly need to courageously step up and do what’s right rather than worry about getting reelected. Manchin is a lost cause.

2 Likes

Son of Atlas Shrugged…

13 Likes

13 Likes

I totally agree. I don’t get why they are not just acting, knowing he will be happy to claim credit for anything. And if he balks, it’s then all on him.

4 Likes

It’s like if Baghdad Bob appeared on the television to let us know that everything is fine, then Saddam ran into the shot screaming about the giraffes attempting to murder him in his sleep.

7 Likes

“Our members are understanding the gravitas for the situation.”

Did he really say those words? I don’t usually hear “gravitas” used in that context (“gravity” sounds better to my ear) and the preposition “for” seems wrong. If the copy is correct, it’s like he’s trying to sound impressive by using sophisticated words in an otherwise simplistic sentence.

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available