Discussion: Sheldon Adelson Has Reportedly Had It With Donald Trump

1 Like

He couldn’t handle all the winning. Sad!

36 Likes

The Venn diagram of self-described billionaires and utter pariahs consists of the set of {“Donald Trump”}.

18 Likes

Is that Penny Marshall with Adelson? :wink:

I’ll admit, watching the GOP burn itself down gives me immense satisfaction since they started the fire.

24 Likes

Only because of that international banking conspiracy comment Trump made. Adelson is still a putz.

15 Likes

We’re sick of all the winning Donald !
Make it stop!

18 Likes

Shel, genius!
Kiss that $25 buh-bye, Shel, even though it’s lunch money and won’t be missed.

11 Likes

I do enjoy wealthy Republican donors pissing away tens of millions of dollars… By all means, keep donating. There’s no amount of money that’s going to offset the shifting demographics…

37 Likes

Poor Adelson.

All that money he’s spent, and he’s treated no better than us dirty hippies.

17 Likes

Excellent! They wasted their money on a poor candidate, so it didn’t go someplace else where it could’ve helped their cause. Excellent!!

17 Likes

Are you mocking Mrs. A.? From the photo it appears she hits the old bong every now and then…

3 Likes

So all the hook-nosed caricatures and Auschwitz memes online didn’t do it, but seeing a woman thrash Donnie in a third debate is what did?

38 Likes

Sucks to be you, Sheldon.

4 Likes

12 Likes

donald told us from the beginning he was worth $10 billion, so there was never a need for another billionaire to donate. I think I’m right on this.

@the_mask He told us from the beginning he thought he could be the first presidential candidate to make money just by campaigning.

“It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it.”

11 Likes

You’ve got to wonder if these megadonors regret Citizens United as much as the RNC does about now. All that dark money sloshing around means the 2020 primaries will be weighed down with zombie candidates who will split the vote enough for the Trumper section to win again.

11 Likes

Shel was so upset another big hunk of his head sloughed off…

4 Likes

OT but fun. Figure out this palindrome and get back to me.

Peter The Great, Mother Teresa and Bob Marley

2 Likes

I don’t know, they seem to be doing pretty well in the off-season elections… which effects a lot more of people’s lives than the Presidency. Much in the same way that 95% of judge made law is created below the Supreme Court’s level, the vast majority of laws that affect Americans are passed at the state and city levels. The GOP may never control the White House again, but keeping a lock on State Legislatures across the nation let’s them essentially make it a moot point. Just note all the state officers flat out refusing to comply with Federal orders… sure, they get sorted eventually, and unjust laws may eventually get struck down by Federal judges… but it can take years to get there, and they can just do it again at their leisure.

6 Likes

You just gave me an idea for Trump’s exit line, and pivot towards 2020.
You see, this was just a “trial run”. Remember, his son said that being President would be a step down for Trump.
In 2020, Hillary will be so hated that Trump can win like a walk in the park.
He did this well as a complete beginner. In 2020, he will annihilate everyone, D and R.

3 Likes